Hello from Hawaii

Hello everyone,
I’ve been working as a welder/fabricator, diesel mechanic, and occasional machinist for a few years now. I have experience running manual mills, lathes, and a legacy torchmate plasma table. For my 21st birthday I decided to order an MR-1. Fast forward to today, I’ve recently finished assembling my MR-1 and am starting to turn out parts. I’ve been lurking in the forum for a while getting some of my quesions answered and am finding the community quite helpful.

5 Likes

Woohoo! Congratulations. Remember to post your parts in the thread for that. You’ve reached a milestone here.

And Welcome out of the shadows into the de-lurking light :smiley:

3 Likes

The problem with being 21, living in Hawaii, and owning an MR-1 is that you will lose all sense of reality and end up drifting off into some fantasy land!

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!! Congrats on the new mill! What island are you on? I’ve had the good fortune spend a fair amount of time working on 6 of the islands. You live in a great place.

One thing I have discovered in my travels is almost anywhere you go has its own beauty! Hawaii is exceptional!

1 Like

Born and raised on Oahu

1 Like

My wife’s aunt lives on Laie Point I think 2nd house from the end. Love LOVE it up there! My mouth is watering thinking about garlic shrimp at Ted’s Bakery and breakfast at the Hukilau Cafe… or a burger at the counter. Okay I gotta stop I’m gaining weight typing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

Been to HI once. The Big Island and Kauai. Beautiful.