Hello from California

Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster. I have found so much good advice on this forum over the last year or so that I never had to even post a question. Thank you to the resident experts and to everyone that has asked for help. Every time I have needed to ask for help, I have found similar problems being discussed here.

Recently I have been working on a project I thought was worth sharing. I am building memorial bench’s for a non profit. They donate the bench’s to the family’s of veterans that have taken their own lives. The left side is personalized with things meaningful to the family, center and right are the logos and info for the two non profits that manage the whole process. I am not affiliated with them other than building the bench’s. I don’t want to mislead anyone, I am paid to make these. Their links are below if you are interested.

https://22toomany.org/

Hopefully these pictures upload correctly. This one is assembled and will be sent out for powder coating.

1 Like

Nice work. Good to see someone doing this oversized (vs the table’s default) kind of design. Shows the capability of the machine (& the user).

Is that your design or 22 Too Many’s? Personally I’d swap the left column and the center column to put the focus on the soldier. With the flag center column it’s focus is diluted because it’s a generic “God Bless America” flag design. The soldier’s specific column is what makes it a personalized memorial.

Just a thought. (I select memorials for the east coast states for the annual Tour of Honor motorcycle ride so I do a lot of memorial research.)

1 Like

Well done. Great nonprofit.

Thanks. Yeah I have been pretty impressed with what you can do on the crossfire. Never imagined having a 4x8 sheet on it when I bought it lol, thought I might crush it. I think I am finally going to pull the trigger and upgrade to a Pro now though.

The design is a mix. The layout came from them, said they liked soldier info on the left but, they have been agreeable to other changes. I will run it by them, I like the idea. I am trying to think of a way to make the flag look better as well.