Have no arc voltage

This machine now losses arc voltage.It’s wasted so much steel I,ll never catch up… It just losses arc voltage whenever in the middle of a piece towards the end or doesn’t get any off the start.This machine should of been tried and tested to run before it was put on the market . It obviously wasn,t.Now I have to fight with this thing daily. NOT WORTH IT !!!

what cutter?

everlast 62i

do you have the latest firmware installed? it’s hard to blame the machine when it doesn’t come bundled with that cutter.

There are known issues with the CPC port on the Everlast machines. I strongly recommend that you wire it up to raw voltage. Beyond that there are only a few reasons why you would see low or no arc voltage show up in FireControl, and they can all be narrowed in on by following this troubleshooting guide: LS-THC Arc Voltage Troubleshooting Guide

There are about 1300 of these machines running in the field- almost all of them with THC. It’s possible that one of the electronic components is faulty, but 9/10 its usually wired up incorrectly. Not saying you have wired it incorrectly, just that its a common problem.

wired it back up to raw. Travels to start then cuts about 3 inches and stops and will do it over and over the same way.

Changed consumables and ran an actual ground strap to the table from the 62i,. same thing.

Sorry not blaming the machine just have had a lot of problems ,wasted a lot of expensive steel.

If you disconnect the THC cable from the enclosure and measure the voltage on the two pins, what do you get? You should be seeing 1 to 3 volts.

Also please be sure that the polarity of the red and black banana plug wires is correct. Red should have continuity to the work clamp.

Are you using a PC or laptop? Make sure to use a 2 prong plug or an 3 prong to 2 prong adapter.

If you measure resistance between USB shell and the machine frame, what do you get?

No voltage out of the plug and no continuity between red banana plug and clamp.and no continuity fron shell of usb to frame.

Hooked the black and red banana plugs up where they come out of the cutter now I have voltage , continuity from red banana plug to the clamp and I have 2 volts on the thc plug…Still goes to start and cuts about 3 inches and stops.

Are you now seeing the correct voltage in fire control?

yes ,but it was there before when running divided voltage. It stops moving after cutting 3" . The torch stays on for a bit then shuts off.But it just stops every time.

I have cut several pieces . It was stopping in the middle.Now it stops after cutting 3".

Oh ok- I misunderstood your original problem. Your THC is working fine but you are having interference problems from your plasma cutter which is causing FireControl to freeze.

Fortunately it’s a simple fix- you’ll need to remove the L1 inductor from the motion control board and solder a short across the pads. If you don’t feel comfortable with that we can do it for you! Only take a few minutes to do.

Here is the thread describing the process. FIX: Interference From Plasma Cutter Freezing FireControl

Did the mod. Still have the same problem.Will go to start and cut three inches and stops. Only now sometimes the torch wont fire.

Any ideas.??? HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET JUST THROUGH ONE CUT PIECE
IT HAS WASTED SO MUCH STEEL AT 50.00 A SHEET. I REALLY NEED SOME ANSWERS. Your ad said production ready.

Sorry about that, the forum posts don’t go to our technical support ticket system so forum posts can sometimes be missed by us. The best way to get a guaranteed and relatively immediate response by our staff is to send an email to support@langmuirsystems.com

As far the issue, do you have a video showing what’s going on? Are you getting an arc voltage lost error or is FireControl still freezing? You removed the L1 inductor and soldered a short across the pads?

arc voltage lost error and yes i did the L1 thing.

Sometimes it goes 3 inches and quits and sometimes it quits half way through the job.