Torch Not Firing - Solved

why am I seeing the little pencil there on someone else’s thread?

Glad you got it working @Dustybunch

because they edited it after they initially posted it.

Like this.

@Dustybunch

I’m curious what Langmuir told you, you said you couldn’t get an answer and they kept saying the same thing. What was it?

As a new guy, I didn’t order a machine yet…this title really had me thinking twice.

BTW, I pulled the trigger last night on a PRO (searching the threads now for laptop recommendations). As I said in my first post you guys rock on here!

2 Likes

If he had followed the instructions, this probably wouldn’t have happened.

It’s also in the list in the troubleshooting guide
http://www.langmuirsystems.com/troubleshooting

3 Likes

Hey @Sacco check this thread out. It’s the route I’m going and to me it’s a nice setup. I can keep my laptop upstairs and clean but also use the flat screen downstairs for other items (my business related stuff) and it won’t break the bank.

2 Likes

Honestly some of my problems would have been solved by reading the instructions too. My low live voltage issue from having my laptop plugged in is covered on the site and in the forum.

I think that getting this machine set up and going is just information overload for people. I know it was for me. Also, I think we are all the same kind of people, in our workplaces or friend groups we are the fixers or problem solvers so we all think we can just jump right in to stuff and figure it out.

Yeah I’m waxing philosophical, but Lately I’m trying to remember my own struggle to get everything set up.

3 Likes

@brownfox I believe you’re on to something. I know I’m the type that opens the box spreads the parts out and start bolting them together. Instructions?!?!? You mean the paper I used to start the fire? Whoops. I’ve tried to always get on the forums and search the issues I’m having (even not cnc related). I believe that in most cases I’m not the only one having these issues and hopefully can find a solution online somewhere. I hate the choice of wording he used on the title because it is a red flag right from the start. Glad he figured out the issue and hopefully can start cutting parts out

1 Like

Aside from that, I think alot of people buying these tables think it’s as simple as plugging everything in and hitting GO. for instance, I believe the OP went straight into it and downloaded a “cut ready” file thinking it’s going to magically all work seamlessly and as soon as they realize it doesn’t, they get upset at the company for the machine not working as expected. And I’ve been seeing that alot more here and in FB.

These machine aren’t plug and play to say the least. Not even the more expense set ups are. There are alot of other factors to consider even when trying to to cut your first straight line.

I came into this as a total newbie, not knowing anything about CNC or what it entails but I read and read and read everything i could before i finally purchased the table. then i found out about needing clean dry air so i read some more and went the aftercooler route and other ways of moisture prevention. I’m not saying I’m an expert now but i now have an understanding of how things work and try to help out when i can. And during all that, not once did i complain or blame the company when something didn’t work. i fixed everything myself and gained valuable info in doing that.

5 Likes

nicadd…right on the money…I have actually seen posts where people have bought a machine and wondered why they were not told to get a compressor…???

one person was so mad they spent time learning mach3 only to get the machine and it only runs with FireControl…

many more do not read the forums…

I had problems at the start…major problems but with polite and easy emails to Langmyuir they helped me through the problems…I even blew out my main board one time…replaced as fast as it could ship to Canada…very inmpressed.

2 Likes

After having to work with the Langmuir support bunch, I can say I was very happy with their response and speed at which they sent me a fix (new THC chip). This was my second contact with them. The first time was my fault as I stripped the threads on one of my stepper motor couplers even after reading the instructions that told me to be careful of this. However, they had replacement heading my way in short order. Big thumbs up to the support crew… :+1:t2:

2 Likes

My experience as well. Support has been worthless in dealing with their defective product.

@wayneosdias care to elaborate? Maybe someone here can help

wrong thread

what does that have to do with the plasma table??.. different product… AND this topic was strictly user error in my opinion. it was fixed as soon as i posted a pic (that could be found under the assembly instructions) of what was wrong with his table.

1 Like

I posted wrong topic, meant to be posted to another dissatisfied LS customer thread. Thanks for offering to help anyway.

And I have to throw my 2 cents in on LS sapport. One Of them I wont mention any names gave me his personal cell number so he could talk me through a self induced *&%^ up I made. I cant imagine any other company employee giving there personal cell and helping someone on there off time. But maybe its happened before with another plasma table manufacturer…Thanks LS again. ok back to torch firing or where ever this thread went.

1 Like

let me guess…it was the arc flat table thread…now gone…

1 Like

I had the same issue with my pro table. It ended up being a bad socket on the fire control box. Where you would plug in your torch fire control. Try to wiggle that plug while the torch should be firing. I contacted tech support and they had a new part in my hand the next day!

Sounds like GREAT service to me!