Hand torch will not fire even manually ( Solved )

Ok I am starting this question over again ?( I have used this machine for over a year no problems but the usual)
This all started Friday morning I started the day with changing the consumables( everything moves in the swirl ring I can see the electrode at the end of the final cup). then started the cut job and the torch moved to the first Pierce the air come on and nothing . checked every thing I replaced checked my ground still nothing ,moved the touch on the cnc z access so it will not pinch the retaining cup did a voltage test go 0 in the test and the torch test was a no fire in the second part of the test .
I am thinking something is broken some were but not sure (could I have gotten a bad electrode In this batch)

If you haven’t done it change out the consumables again or put back the old ones.

just changed them out no change

check your torch fire wire harness at fire control box and plasma cutter.

it all worked fine before this made no other changes checked them first thing

Are they a new set from the same lot? or the old ones? Were did you get the consumables?

I will be here for a few hours so if you would like to give me a call about this there are a few more thing to try.

1 Like

call me at 18007350908

Thank to mechanic416 this is solved it was a air pressure problem And a big thanks to George for spending over 2 hours on the phone with me trouble shooting this problem and george walked me through every possibility ,till it was solved he is a credit to this forum and all that he has helped.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate a little more on the problem?

the regulator was not letting enough air to the cutting head had to reset it from the factory setting do not know why it had changed But george figured it must have got gumed up some how it was only putting out 50 psi not 80 we had to reset it to about 100 to get 70 psi at the cutting head when running

Good to know This may very well hep someone in the future!
Thanks for posting what you found.