Greetings from Pittsburg

Hey everyone,

Im an engineering student in Pittsburgh setting up a prototyping workshop. I have a business degree and spent 10 years in the Air Force before leaving to start my own venture. I’ve been building and racing cars and motorcycles for around 12 years now and I’ve been spending the last 6 setting up my production shop. I recently built my XR plasma table and am currently learing the ropes with its operations. I also have an MR-1 in shipping. Along with my Langmuir products, I have a Shapeoko 4 XXL from Carbide3D, two Creality FFF printers, a Sovol IDEX printer, two Anycubic Resin printers (one LCD and one DLP), a non-CNC metal lathe, a full woodshop, metal shop, mechanics bay, and electrical/soldering shop. My primary focus is on mechatronic and robotics development but I’m still a WV redneck at heart and have quite a few internal combustion projects lying around including my LS Turbo BMW 135i with a Holley ECU and T56/8.8. I also have a B16A2 Honda Civic hatchback that I autocross along with a 1966 Mustang 289 coupe. Looking forward to sharing my experience and projects as I go.

Stephen Clark

1 Like

Welcome Stephen. I am also from Southwestern, PA. South of Pittsburgh. I don’t have a Langmuir machine yet, but hopefully will be purchasing one later this year as I prepare myself for retirement after 40 years in the plastics industry. I will most likely buy a Crossfire XL, as I don’t have much room in my shop. Haven’t determined which plasma cutter to get yet, as I was leaning toward a Primeweld cut 60, but I have been following a thread here with people having some issues with it.
Roy
P.S. Most of my in-laws are from the northern panhandle of WV and I spent some time in Morgantown back in the lates 70s early 80s.

1 Like

What part of WV you from? I am in the southwestern part of va.

You will fit it fine with the correct shade of red.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stephen,
Welcome. I’m only about 1hr to 1.5hrs from Pitt here in Eastern Ohio. You’re going to fit in here just fine :rofl: There’s a bunch of us Farming/Rural/redneck folks here. If you’re not one of those everyone here love to tinker.

Welcome!
Bruce

2 Likes

Hey Roy. I went with a Cut60 but don’t know quite enough about cutting yet to give a good review on it. I did opt to purchase the CNC nozzle for it instead of trying to make the hand held one work somehow. Sofar, Im impressed with the overall qualitily of the system. I did change my MR-1 order after seeing the touchscreen and computer option is just that, a computer and touchscreen. As a broke college student with a ton of laptops lying around, I decided those would work just fine.

1 Like

I was born in Princeton and Im originally from Hinton. I also spent some time growing up in VaBeach before I enlisted.

You wasn’t to far from me. The company I work for has a rebuild shop not far from wv line near north tazwell.

1 Like

I have a .dxf file I created that a Pittsburgh guy might want. I’ve cut it out 3 times and it worked great. Maybe you already got it off Fireshare, but if not:
Steelers Remix | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

2 Likes