Gantry at an angle?

Once we assembled the gantry onto the rail we noticed a slight angle from one end to the other. There is about a 1/2" difference from the end of the cross beam to the close side of the gantry. Has anyone else seen this and will this effect my cut?

In the Langmuir assembly alignment video, they show how to level the gantry. It’s very easy and only takes a few minutes.

1 Like
1 Like

Mine is the same way, 1/4" to 3/8" low on the far end. I was doing the adjustment shown in the video, but… It is obvious that there is a lot of play in the bearings (can spin some with my finger). If I adjust it so it is level, that means I am setting it so that it ‘drops’ into level, but the slop in the bearings still exists.

I have not touched the carriage assembly yet, but I would like to know how to adjust it to remove the slop.

I am having the same issues forr x and y. Currently trying to work out the issues.

Was this issue ever resolved? Even after adjusting the screws I still have the same play on the gantry? I did install the XL extension not sure if that would make a different.

Thanks!