G code is missing most of the project

so when I open my g code its missing almost all my project and will have only a few lines going through, iv followed step by step on tutorial videos and it seems something isn’t right.

Could it be that your software is still in demo mode and you haven’t applied your license yet?

Not sure what software you are using but this happens in demo mode.

Good luck

im in demo still, from my understanding demo version is good for small things? or do I still need to get the full version

I don’t think that the size of the project matters, it’s the amount of lines in the G code and when letters are used and not converter to curves then they can take up many many lines of G code.
Not sure what to tell you on that but I would have the licensed version if I was going to cut anything other than basic shapes.

1 Like

oh ok makes sense, I will download it tonight or tomorrow and go from there. thank you very much for the reply

You should be able to see the G code that is loaded into mach3 in the left window and I believe that if you double click on it then it puts line numbers out to the left of each line but I’m not sure if it shows all of the lines in Demo or just what it limits you to? I’ve had the licensed version from day one.

I would hate for you to go out and spend more money on my advice, I’m still learning myself.

Good luck