Fusion running slow

I’m not the most computer literate guy, and have been looking at other cad/cam softwares, but im not comfortable with anything like i am f360.

Sometimes running fusion, its really slow, depending on the complexity. Also, sometimes the tool path generation will get stuck and wont finish but also wont show any warnings, like its still generating but the percentage doesn’t move.

my hardware seems plenty sufficient, but again, not the most tech savy. I have included some photos of the specs. Any ideas?

I found that if I extrude and save my project and close Fusion, then open it again before I do the toolpath everything runs a lot better. When the project is still open it seems the computer gets overloaded with data and has a hard time generating the toolpath. I don’t know sh#$ about computers, someone smarter will be along to explain the phenomenon to us shortly.

2 Likes

ill give that a shot

I had a trace I had done in inkscape the other day that wouldn’t finish the toolpath.I selected the fix/unfix and it highlighted all the nodes…where I traced the image it made hundreds of line segments that had to be calculated by fusion.I went in and deleted all the segments I could and replaced with new lines with less nodes.After doing this fusion finished the toolpath and the changes to the drawing wasn’t even noticed.Just dont deleted the node at the start and end of lines and then connect them.I think I could do the same thing in inkscape but I haven’t tried yet.

1 Like