Fusion question

Likely because there’s not a low enough amperage setting on the machine to achieve 100% duty cycle.

I’m hoping a razor weld owner can chime in with some feed rates and amperages.

2 Likes

I do not use feed optimization and I do use smoothing on 14 gauge.

When using my rw45 I cut 14 ga at 30 amps. Cut quite a bite in a session never had trouble with duty cycle.

How big is your project?

1 Like

I do have a RW45

I have it set for 30 amps at 80 IPM.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for everyone’s help as always

How big is that?
Is the 23 min cycle time right?

Its 12" x 55" and machining time shows 23 min

That’s a pretty big piece. You may bump the cycle time. At 30 amps you should get 6 or 7 minutes of arc time.

I have done pieces that take 10 to 12 minutes to cut then start another back to back with no issues.

With cooler temps you may get by doing a little extra because cycle time also gives temp variable.

Ok I think I understand how to pause the cut during a rapid movement. So I was looking at lead ins and see on the small font the area cut out is only .125 in width. I think that is too small to have a lead in that wont effect the edge. I was thinking of making that font a little larger if I can.

What are your thoughts

Not the most familiar with 360 myself you should be able to do separate operation and change lead in length or angle for those.

If you don’t want any pierce marks it is worth practicing on scrap.

I use sheetcam to do cam work. There i could cam out just a single letter and give it a try. I am not sure how to tell you how to go about that in 360.

Well I just went in and tried to edit text size and could not see a easy way to do it. But then nothing is easy for me in Fusion :rofl:
I think I will try cutting just one of those letters and see what happens.
Thanks again!

Can you edit starting point and place in the part of the letter with the most meat to cut?

The letter I is pretty uniform all the way, might work on some of them but I am thinking a different font or trying to make these larger.

1 Like

You may want to consider inserting pauses into your G-Code to deal with the duty cycle. You can manually enter a few long pauses or do a ‘find and replace’ to add a short pause at the end of each cut.

Insert the pause command “G4 Pxxx” at the end of a cut loop(s).
xxx = second to pause.

This example pauses the program for 10 seconds. “G0 Z1.” notes the end of the cut loop:

G1 X-4.7762 Y6.5973
G1 X-4.7764 Y6.5997
G1 X-4.839 Y6.736
H0
M5
G0 Z1.
G4 P010

I use Notepad++ which is designed to edit code with better ‘find and replace’ functionality than a regular text editor.

3 Likes

Good to know Thanks for posting that