Fusion is finally pushing me out

I had been away from my table and my daughter needed some things cut for college project.

Launch the program from my work PC and it needed update and now says expiring in 12 days.

Their web site is a circling mass confusion. I had their program down pretty good but I can’t justify paying $500 a year to cut a few widgets out a year and they make it too hard to navigate their site unless you are paying paying them.

1 Like

apparently it is still free for non-commercial uses…but it is getting more and more restricted as time goes on…that is why I refer to it as ConFusion360

1 Like

No, it’s no longer free. It’s free for the first year, then $500/yr. It used to be straight up free for hobbyists and anyone earning less than $100k/yr.

1 Like

If you’re doing some stuff with plasma only… get www.deltacad.com it’s my go to simple and fast 2D program. $39 forever. Serious, it’s super fast and easy. I have fusion360, Alibre Design expert… but spend more time in deltacad because you get accurate 2D drawings done fast.

I took this picture with my phone, traced the top surfaces with 3 point arcs, did a dimension of the CAD drawing over the ruler and then scaled the drawing to Match.

Lasercut out of gasket paper and saved the ride day and week of parts waiting. Picture to finished gasket was 30 min. Perfect fit on first cut.

Sheetcam is good and priced fair for file to gcode.

1 Like

Does deltacad play well with sheetcam ?
I bought the crossfire pro November of 2020 ,and am new to cnc plasma cutting. ben using inkscape for designs and sheetcam for g code ,this is all new to me as well but have had good results with learning software and things that i have cut so far. Looks like deltacad would be alot more faster for design of brackets , gussets and plates for heavy equipment parts and off-road 4x4 frame builds?

1 Like

It saves a .dxf file and that’s all ya need to import into sheetcam.

You can renew Fusion every year for home use:

Fusion 360 for personal use

Fusion 360 for personal use is a limited free version that includes basic functionality and can be renewed on an annual basis.

Compare features and functionality between Fusion 360 for personal use and Fusion 360 below.

How do you renew the Fusion subscription? When I try they want to know the educational institution I am enrolled in. I am retired and this is just a hobby for me.

Check out this video on how to renew the personal use license…

I think the Autodesk web site has changed a bit, but the steps are the same.

2 Likes

Thanks for the deltacad tip. I have fusion 360 pretty down pat now. But it can be a pain in the butt for some projects that you just need to burn out quickly. I like making signs but I really use it to make prototype parts for projects. I downloaded Deltacam and within 30min had designed several parts. Saved as DXF files. Opened Fusion gererated toolpath, Post processor and BAM simple parts cut perfectly.
I cant see it for sign work but sure is a nice fast tool.

1 Like

Got it!! Thank you very much. Steve