Fusion 360 problems as of today 2-23-2023

I am having all kinds of problems with fusion freezing up to running very very slow. Anyone else seeing anything?

How is your network connection? In my case that is almost always the culprit!

2 Likes

Seems good, but my computer seems slow. Will look into it

I find that mine bogs down when the access to DNS is slow, it’s not a data rate problem but name lookup issue. But I have a Cro-Magnon network and can usually reset my modem to fix it.

The proof for me is to look at Amazon pages and do a search. They have so much crap trying to load that is completely unrelated to what you’re trying to do, that if things are slow, it REALLY shows up then!

Agreed.

But I have many times recently that I will leave Fusion open for several hours and when I come back to it to close it out, it tells me that it is trying to save the file. I have other times I open it up and it has several projects that it wants to back up but it completes backing up one and never gets to the second one. My connection speed is very slow with a max upload of 0.5 Mb. I have found that I can use my hotspot on my cell and get better results but often forget to do that extra step.

This happens when you have a tool or a modification or one of the menus opens and an auto saved can’t save because you’re in the middle of a selection or an operation.

2 Likes

I have a fiber optic 500Mbps with Spectrum. It’s usually testing 350-425 range. Starting Saturday, F360 was so slow it took literally minutes to open.

Just checked Amazon and it flies

They had a shutdown system maintenance on Saturday. May account for some of it

1 Like

It took me 7 minutes to open a file this morning. At 6 minutes I got the left margin black screen of death, then the “Loading CAM…” status bar went back to zero and started again.

Oh, and F360 completely by-passed the login screen when I clicked the shortcut. I find if I close W/O logging out, that is how it opens. I think I used Task Manager to close it last time it froze up.

Seriously though, I like F360, but something is up since that weekend maintenance. I’m sure they’ll get it resolved,

1 Like

Was that happening only with one practical file or all files?

I’ve be running well since the major update last month I ve even noticed less lag in the sketch and manufacturing environments.

Windows had recent update too maybe there is some conflict between the two?

3 Likes

I think I just realized what happened. Because it froze on me last time(Mon or Tues), and I closed using Task Manager, I may not have gotten some form of update that was pushed out. I Logged Out and reopened and it is functioning at normal speed now.

4 Likes

After an update about a year ago the update failed and I have never been able to use it since.