Fusion 360 Changing Personal Use Capabilities

I agree on the LightBurn software… I’m now in the middle of my trial period… I just downloaded it as I’ve been looking into a small scale laser to play around with… LightBurn and the laser thing look alot like what we already do with plasma cutting… Very much the same thought process. Looks like I’d catch on pretty quickly after having "come up to speed’ with plasma… I’ll most likely be buying the full version after trial…

1 Like

Great explanation of changes. Only thing makers I can see as an issue is the rapid move. Even though we have “time” to get a coffee…there is a limit to wasted time and a move between cuts can be irritating since we are more concerned with cut speed as it is. Figuring out cut quality… because of speeds… can not only produce poor parts but also waste material we cant afford to replace. We “waste” plenty of time trying to figure out cut speeds and would rather not also waste time getting to the point finding out our cut speed is off.

I hope Fusion 360 can be free forever!
I use/have used Fusion 360 at work for years. I’m printing something right now that I modeled in Fusion this evening.
I’m blown away by Fusion 360 so far, I use a XP-Pen Deco 03 drawing pad plus a the 3dconnexion space mouse for navigating the view. Works quiet good. A bit annoying is the lack of a third mouse button/wheel so i have to use the space mouse for panning and zooming the sketch area.

1 Like

I have been interested in getting one of these. Do you find it save you many clicks in your work flow?

I have to try it one day. I find myself using the hotkeys on they keyboard a lot in my workflow.

I use one on both of my systems and it’s really great for quickly reorienting your main component when working on assemblies! I have the 3DConnexion Space Navigator. It’s much more intuitive (for me anyway) than trying to orient with a mouse. Space Navigator in my left hand, mouse in my right. Zoom Zoom!

2 Likes

I use my space mouse all day long at work then miss it badly when I’m at home playing in F360. I might buy a 2nd.

1 Like

Did you watch tutorials to learn sheet cam? Specifically turning the dxf into GCode?

Search sheetcam tutorial after:2021-10-01

In case you haven’t noticed, there is a theme here… the Search Tool is your friend.

2 Likes