Full version install question

hey everyone
I just bought the full version and followed the directions that came with the license. It didnt come in a zip file like the video but things couldve changed over time. I did a drag and drop into my mach 3 folder but when i start up mach3 it still says demo on the control panel. Does it matter if im connected to the crossfire or not? Any advice is appreciated.

I’ll look on my system tomorrow if this isn’t answered before then. My vague recollection is that it is that simple, but I could be wrong. Just for accuracy’s sake, the file had what filename? I think it is supposed to have a ‘.lic’ suffix.

Mach1lic.dat

That’s the correct file and the Mach3 main directory is the correct place. Do you have more than one copy of Mach3 installed? Are you using the Mach3 Loader to start it or one of the shortcuts it installs? You have exited & restarted Mach3 since adding the license file right?

ive started it with the shortcut and main directory. only one copy and restart twice. I may have to
uninstall everything and start over. It could be i need an updated version of mach3 but i just downloaded the demo in may.

Go ahead & try the uninstall and get the latest version (I haven’t updated mine in a couple of years so not sure what’s out there). That’s always a good place to start. Save the license dat file so it doesn’t get erased in the uninstall process.

Try the Mach3 Loader (should be in you All Programs|Mach3 menu selection). When I first started using it I remember something wonky using other startup methods until I used the loader. As I recall @ctgolfer had a similar issue and we fixed it by changing how he was starting it.

2 Likes

about a month ago microsoft edge did a forced update. It slowed everything down and my laptops performance went in the toilet compared to what it was.

Thanks for the feedback guys. All good. After some reading and videos it turns out my license was loading with (1) in the dat file. Deleted (1) and my name took the place of demo.

2 Likes