Full 48” cut, or 47.5” cut?

Those who are up and running - will the machine make a full-width 48” cut to sever a full sheet, or does it cut 47.5” like the Pro? That’s the only part of the Pro that I didn’t like.

That’s weird. Mine will go to 48. But the sheets are seldom exactly 48 anyway.

1 Like

My Pro cuts 48" just fine. I did have an issue with it not going the full width early on and it was because I had mixed up the X axis bearing mount with one of the Y axis mounts. All of my 4’ sheets come in at around 49" to 50". I believe the mills err on the side of caution.

2 Likes

Funny you mention that. I’ve never actually measured my sheet width. But I know I can’t cut cut all the across a sheet. I’ll have to measure when I get up. I’m guessing they’re wider than 48”, though, based on responses, because without repositioning after making a full-width cut, the gantry bangs into the stops before the sheet is severed.

Yup, I think this is my problem, but I honestly never measured the width of my sheet, assuming 48x96 meant 48x96…… :joy:

1 Like

Sheets are sometimes but not always cut oversize. Both the XR and the PRO will cut a little bit beyond 4’ wide.

3 Likes

Thickness varies a lot too…

I’ve verified my table has a maximum cut length of 48.2" in X and 33.2" in Y. The orientation of the hex head on your assembly bolts affects your total axis movement and can be optimized if you have a flat facing the bearing blocks.

2 Likes