First cuts on my crossfire XL

Just got my crossfire XL fired up today, was very nervous the first time i hit the start button but it worked perfectly. Anyone else had this much success on their first go?

3 Likes

That must have felt great.

I remember the first time I started running my machine it felt like I had my heart up in my throat waiting for all the pieces to come together.

I was happy to read a success story this morning!

ahh the feeling of success…wait…it will happen again…and then there is the feeling when something goes wrong…then the feeling when you find human error…then the feeling your own foot kicking your own A@@…

but the feeling of the first cuts are always special…

heheheheh

Then there’s the feeling you get when @toolboy starts philosophizing… :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I misread… Thought you posted XR… Pee’d a tiny bit.

2 Likes

I just fired up my Crossfire Pro a couple of weeks ago. Assembly was very straight forward. I was anxious when powering it on for the first time but no troubles other than the Razorweld 45 torch wouldn’t fire. My ports on the front were swapped as Langmuir noted they might be in the instructions. Swapped the cables and I was off to the races. The only other snag I hit was trying to cut holes that were too small (<7mm) and Fusion 360 wouldn’t cooperate. It took me a minute to figure that one out.

3 Likes

I found the same, assembly was very straight forward but I was shitting my pants the first time I fired it up. I’m still waiting for my razor weld 45 to be shipped so am using an old bossweld 50 in the meanwhile.