Firecontrol crashed

I’m trying to use the run from feature for my last few cuts to finish the project. Anyone know where I put the white crosshairs to begin the cuts. I was 2 pierces away from finishing when it crashed I dont want to waste steel.

The run from line feature starts at the beginning of the line you select. Select the section of the cut where you experienced your problem, and it will start at the beginning that line.

What version of fire control are you using and what cutter are you using?

1 Like

72 pony you must be bored today, quick response. FC 21.1.4 hypertherm 30xp . I have had thousands of pierces and tons of projects fire control just started acting up mid project.

I’m not very smart with computer stuff but when it starts from the line I highlight how does the torch know where to go to begin ( I haven’t moved the steel since starting project ) Do I need to try to find original work zero.

There is a blank line in my Gcode right where I need to start if thatb matters.

BTW thanks in advance for responding so fast.

firecontrol usually remembers where zero was if it crashes. press the return to zero button to see if it goes back to x/y 0. if it doesn’t go back to the original 0 then it lost it and you’ll have to figure out by trial and error where it was before you can select the line to cut.

pull out the torch fire cable from the control box before you start the operation again so it doesn’t fire and mess up your steel while you try to find the line

3 Likes

As @nicaDd said it usually doesn’t lose 0. You can verify this by tracing (using manual jog) what you have already cut. If it appears to line up, then you should be good.

Before I start a cut, I typically mark 0 location on both the y axis rail and the gantry with a pencil line and make a note of the location of the material related to the lower rail tube and the edge of the water pan in case something happens.

So far, this method has helped me save a couple of projects when I have had issues during the cut.

2 Likes

Thanks guys

Fotr some reason it is lost I’ll do trial and error method. I learn the most by screwing it up once.

1 Like