Firecontrol computing needs?

Are there published requirements for Firecontrol computing needs yet?

CPU, Memory, MIn drive size etc…?
Will it work with a touch screen or game controller?
Is it mostly GUI based or do you need to use the keyboard frequently?

I may have missed this in a thread, so a link would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am curious about this as well and I do not believe there has been anything said about specific hardware requirements.

Hi All-

FireControl will work with full versions (non-S) of Windows 7+ (we are not testing with XP as of yet and make no guarantees there) and MacOS for as long as they support OpenGL (all modern versions).

Hardware requirements are minimal- these are not hard requirements and you will likely be able to run the software on most modern computers. We run it on barebones laptops with:

• Processor: 1.6Ghz+
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Available Disk: 100MB

We have not tested or developed for gaming controllers but touchscreens and wireless keyboards will function fine.

While there are buttons for everything in the UI, there are a number of keyboard shortcuts available such as jogging, toggling between jog modes, start/pause programs. More details on this will be available in the FireControl User Guide.

2 Likes

Any tablet options in the future? :wink:

Thank you very much for the detailed reply!

Wow,

It took about 30 minutes to find these requirements. The “what you will need” should be conspicuous on the xfire pro front page.

I’m very interested in this as well. To just Airdrop a .tap file to an iPad that could run the table would be HUGE.

2 Likes

Hi LS. I was wondering if you had a Idea when the Firecontrol will be released? Some of us slow learners is eager to figure it all out. Thanks Jim.

I think I’m going to try a stick computer with a touch screen.

1 Like

I have to purchase a new computer anyways, because my XP and old OS do not meet the requirements of FireControl. I realize you say Windows 7+ and new OS, but what will be the smoothest windows operating system to run FireControl (7, 8, 10, home/pro)? Thanks for the help!

1 Like