Fire control not responding

fire control starts to load then kicks off . it was working fine a couple weeks ago

i tried loading the new version it opens lets me do everything but cut the part warnings come up for ihs i have a crossfire there is no ihs

which table do you have? the original 2x2 with grey legs or the gen2 2x2 with black legs?

If you are getting an IHS warning, that usually means that your G-code has IHS commands and Firecontrol is not receiving the expected feedback from the IHS switch. Are you using “cut ready” files that you downloaded from Fireshare or files that you created yourself? Either way the code was created for a machine with a Z axis and that is what is causing the errors.

Ok so i thought i had all my issues fixed but it seems we have just moved to a new issue.
So lately when i load Fire control everything loads ok then i load the file ok but for some reason the first cut of each day every day for the past 3 days Fire Control freezes and shows not responding either on the first Pierce or second Pierce with the torch firing, So the only way to stop it is to turn the cutter off and re start fire control.

Then for the most part it will run ok for the rest of the day ( i have had this issue on the odd occasion during the day but it is rare)
I have made sure no other programs are running at the same time but the problem keep happening.

I am running the latest version of Fire Control

Are you running a laptop?

And is this laptop plugged in during the cut?

Some people have experienced phantom EMF issues which corrupts the data signal when it is plugged in to an outlet.

The other issue that I have on my own personal laptop is that some USB ports are wallowed out and if they move it all it stops the data flow for a second and fire control can’t recover.

Sorry should have mentioned i am running a Desktop Computer with a USB isolator fitted.

This is probably the problem. By “latest version” I assume you mean 21.1.4. There is a newer version that was made to deal with the freezing issues that a lot of users were experiencing with 21.1.4. It can be downloaded from here Early Access for FireControl 21.1.5 - #9 by langmuirsystems

1 Like

Thankyou have just downloaded it and will give it a go.

1 Like

Did anyone else on a laptop have the issue, where cuts begin and they stop moving on the table. and the program doesn’t respond to any commands…

sounds like you 're getting electrical interference form the cutter. does the torch continue to be on but everything hangs up?

try moving the cutter as far away from the control box as possible.

yes the head stops and the cutter continues to run until the program finishes. its only recently started to happen

I agree it is likely interference from your Cutter. What cutter are you using? What version of fire control are you using?

we are on V21.4.1 we can’t upgrade until we get a new laptop, as ours doesn’t support the graphics requirement. our cutter is a Thermal Dynamics 52 cutmaster

Consider going back to Firecontrol v20.6.2. It’s available in the downloads section of the Langmuir site. I’ve never updated to any of the 21 series versions, because people seems to have issues with all of them.

2 Likes

Thank you, i’ll download it and try that, last night they had no issues cutting on the head, the other issue maybe our usb cord to the controller may need to be replaced it feels loose.

This is likely the problem. I had the same problem with this version. I’ll second @ds690 suggestion

Yup same here. I’m actually still on 20.5. :joy:

1 Like