Fire Control 20.6 Unresponsive

When I try to run 20.6 on my Windows 7 machine it chugs down to maybe a 10 frames a MINUTE. I’ve reverted to 20.5 and it runs fine, but I’ve tried each update of 20.6 that came out and it just falls on its face. You can’t jog the table as it takes ten seconds between clicking the button and the table moving. What is the big change between 20.5 and 20.6 that would bork Windows 7. Fusion 360 is running just fine and the system is performant (i7 processor, 8GB ram, 970 video card)

try this…
go into you add/remove program in your control panel in the PC…delete the fireControl.
then go into your file explorer and delete the Fire control folder in your profile…

the reboot your PC
then go and reload fire control from langmuir for a fresh install…

reboot again…

then try it …let us know what happens

1 Like

I removed the program, deleting the folder, rebooting and installed 20.6, rebooted again and it still runs at a frame every few seconds. I uninstalled, re-installed the previous version (20.5) and it works. What are the big changes from 20.5 to 20.6 that could cause such a complete performance drop?

the it is your PC…
can you post the specs of your machine profile and we will see if that is the problem
go into your PC settings, then to “system”…then click on “about”
you should see “Device Specifications”
need the processor type and speed
Installed Ram
and system type…32 bit or 64 bit…

most likely we will see your PC will be underpowered