F360 - same size, 2 files, two sizes

Back at it this morning.

New test file.
4" x 6" rectangle
1 hole .660 dia., .5" from two edges in the corner.
Create pattern with 1.5" spacing across the 4"
Create component from body
Finish sketch, and extrude to .5

Manufacture
Setup
Body selected.
No additional stock

Cutting
Screenshot 2024-06-26 062357
Screenshot 2024-06-26 062407

58 hole test.nc (1.5 KB)

Continued

That first one completed as expected, same settings that gave me a clearance hole is now too tight.

Next run, all I did was delete the face contour and create 3 closed chain for the three holes.

Post process failed

Restart Fusion and now using the original NC from the mfg workspace it worked.

I don’t know if it’s F360 flaking out, or the Post processor.

I do know that the Post is repeatable with not creating a program speed, did it 15 times yesterday and the day before.

Save your f3d after it failed and post it.

Can’t.

Now it’s working like it should I think, I have been sticking with Face Contour rather than chain.

I have spent too much time trying verify my findings and make it repeatable. I have been working on re-doing my hole fitment with the face contour as making 24^2 chains is less than appealing.

On another note. 100a cutting with 105a torch parts (swirl ring, electrode, nozzle, shield - yes I double checked all of them) makes a bad taper in 1/2" - which is odd as I was getting pretty good with the 1" thick.

However over amping the 85a torch parts at 100a, makes a more accurate hole with less taper. Like .05" tighter at the top with .63 ish at the bottom cutting a .66 hole. Go figure.

100a the only way I could get clearance was a .71 hole with a .63 ish exit. Too sloppy.