Everything but my letters cut out when I simulate it

I am very knew to fusion and I am just messing around to try to get the hang of everything and I thought I did everything correctly while in manufacturing mode but my letters will not cut. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

It’s happening because the geometry of the lead-in leads out and the kerf does not fit into those letters.

Check out this topic.

1 Like

A nice thing about SheetCam is that it will still generate a cut file if Leads don’t fit, truncating them as necessary and issuing a warning. The only time it won’t cut is if the kerf won’t fit.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was so frustrated with Fusion for post I was pulling my hair out. What little is left. Moved to Sheetcam and life is good. it tells you what is wrong and where it is and sometimes just fixes it for you by ignoring crap but I can’t be sure as I usually go back and fix it. it also has a full cut tuner built in to tweak a lot of stuff if you are so inclined. Best $150 you will spend on this craft. And I had to load windows on my Mac just to use it. Totally worth it.

They do have a Linux version, would that run in a terminal on a Mac? I don’t use Macs, just throwing out an idea.

never thought of that, good idea but I already own the windows version. But may work well for others.

What should I make my kerf width and lead in/out?

Really depends what material and plasma you’re using but .055" is a good starting point for kerf.

Try a .07" lead in to start.

If you export and post your f3d file I can take a closer look at those letters they are pretty tight.

1 Like

Bottle Opener.f3d (265.1 KB)

I’ll do a live stream looking at this issue.

515am mst

in this video I through a few reasons that fusion wouldnt develop toolpaths for the letters.

Bottle Opener tin mod v1.f3d (352.6 KB)

4 Likes

Wow thank you so much that helped a lot! I really appreciate it

2 Likes