Dry run final cut

I did a search and couldn’t find an answer. Does anyone know if there’s a way to do a dry run on the final outside cut? I’m trying to cut more efficiently and not leave so much scrap. Crossfire Pro using Firecontrol. The only way I’ve found is doing the whole program which can take forever to get to the final loop.

You should be able to turn off the cutter and “run from loop”. Just scroll on the g-code screen and the “run from loop” option should show up. Click on the start point for the outside loop and hit the “run from loop” button.

1 Like

what made the world of difference to me to minimize material waste when trying to use up scrap…

LASER LINES

I installed laser pointers (search laser pointers on the forum) on my z axis.
These laser lines show me the X and Y really clearly on the torch head and on the metal.

So I load up my part int FC.
set my limit start points…to where ever it is easier to layout the part
position my torch head to the point on the metal…
zero all axis…
then move the torch to the extents of the drawing and use the laser lines to see if I am staying withing the usable metal space.
then I cut…

I have been able to use so much more metal scrap by doing that.

I can either rotate the steel to fit the part on…or I use the rotate and enlarge/decrease functions in FC to get the part to fit the metal.

2 Likes

I think you left out a step, you will want to click on the outside line of the design in the viewer of firecontrol. Then it should pop to the line segment on the code, and you hit run from loop.

3 Likes