Dross Clean Up!

I saw this tool wall scrolling today which is for cleaning the slag off the slots. This particular ones for larger laser table applications but I’d imagine a mini version would be handy for the pro or XR.

74a948b7b9c74ee0a192cdf8c76de774

6 Likes

I can see that working, for sure. I was surprised when I tackled the job with a grinder disc, the slag would chip off rather easily if the disc is parallel to the slat and just grinds on the side of the slag. But, this meant taking each individual slat loose and lying on the work surface.

In other words, the slag is not really bonded aggressively to the slat.

1 Like

That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

I guess my biggest take away watching this is that I have been cleaning my slats FAR too often! :wink: :joy:

5 Likes

My god there are slats that look like there bridged over

How in hell would that machine clean that?
It says clean a rack in 20 secs🤣 maybe true once it looks like the one its cleaning.

2 Likes

Another money extractor tool…

2 Likes

I just bought four sets from Langmuir. You would think they would give you enough to change out the table.
But, no. Three short for the pro. So you need two boxes to finish. They last pretty long unless you’re cutting thick stuff. I have come to terms with it.

3 Likes

That is a puzzling thought. Perhaps they are trying to fit under a certain weight for shipping discount?

1 Like