Cutting lines for details

I am trying to figure out to cut details lines in both of the softwares, for an example wavy lines for details, no thicker than the plasm kerf.

That’s a “no offset” toolpath. It will cut on the line. I do that a fair amount for art-sign projects.

that’s awesome, thanks for the info.

How does one make a “no offset” tool path? I tried making the kerf width 0 but it wouldn’t allow it.

No kerf, lead-in or lead-out for Fusion. In Sheetcam it’s a selection option.

Did you define a new tool with a zero kerf?

Yeah, I tried that but it would let you do a 0 value. You can toggle lead-in, lead-out, but it will still cut on the outside of the lines. I’ve used V-Carve in the past and it also lets you select inside, outside, or on-the-line. Strange that Fusion 360 won’t allow that for cutting operations…

I’m not home this week so I can’t check but were you able to do a .001 or similar really small kerf?

I’m from the CNC world too and used to having all 3 cut options. I also use Sheetcam a lot for the Crossfire which does it too.

1 Like

Yeah, worst case I’ll make a very tiny kerf. I’ll check out Sheetcam too!

SOLVED: There is an option in the passes tab that allows you to pick “left, right, or center” sideways compensation. The “center” option allows you to cut on the line.

Thanks again for the help!

Great. Sometimes the things aren’t where you expect them and it’s a search or stumble on them thing.

I actually have a cheat sheet I put together so I have a one-pager I can reference when I’m defining my paths because I’m moving between the Shopbot, laser, and Fusion and Sheetcam - and they all have different ways to do things. If I did it everyday I might not need the cheat sheet but the whole earn a living thing gets in the way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Funny you say that, because I’m building one for Fusion/Langmuir as we speak. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Thanks for the info I was also lost on this issue, I am new to the cnc world, enjoying the hell out of the crossfire !!

1 Like