Cut part of the drawing

Couldn’t find this in a search but I wanted to know if I could just cut a part of my drawing. For example I have a drawing that has 3 pieces but to make a test I just want to cut 1 of the 3 but couldn’t find a way to make a partial selection.

Just select one of the parts when you make the cut path in fusion.

I was hoping there was a way to do this in mach 3 instead. A lot of times I already have the full tap file done

If you have separate toolpaths created then they’ll be separate sections of the TAP file and you can find the section and run it using the fields on the left side of the control panel - “Run from” and then hit the stop when it finishes the path. You can also edit the TAP file to go-to that section and then if there’s a following section, skip to the end.

Fusion defaults the toolpath names when you’re creating them. I usually rename them (click in the name on the left side under the Setup) so I can identify the paths I usually create - like “outside profile cut”, “small holes”, “line cuts”, “large holes”, etc. I setup different toolpaths with different offsets, lead-ins, etc anyway so this let’s me keep them separate and identifiable.

3 Likes

thanks I’m going to try and set this up

yeah, it seems hard to want to mess inside the tap files at first… but if you are going to do cutting, it seems logical - that it would make sense to become familiar with hand editing the tap file directly. It would be worth the effort to become familiar with.

1 Like