Crossfire Torch on/off jack is now jacked

Wow. Compared to every other aspect of the Crossfire construction, the Torch On/Off barrel jack seems like a total afterthought. It’s been plaguing me for a while (becoming looser and looser, the internal post getting wobbly,) then the panel retaining ring finally snapped off today making it fubar.

I’m going to put in a nice aviation connector or something as solid as the rest of the connectors. The aspect I don’t like is having to splice onto the existing cable (tiny wires,etc.) to swap out the plug. (I’m using the Langmuir provided Razorweld cable.) Has anybody else had to replace this jack and plug?

This cable has such a solid connector at the Razorweld, it’s so feeble at the controller end. Am I missing some reason why you don’t want a locked connector? Grumble, grumble, hate barrel jacks, grumble.

Unfortunately I had to replace mine but it was only because of my fault. I went to move my table and forgot to unplug the cable and ripped it out of the barrel connector causing it to break the center pin. If I were you I’d unsolder the wires from the broken barrel connector and resolder the wires onto your new connector instead of slicing.

I use an extension so i leave one end on the controller and the other end on the cutter.

what style or size is this barrel connector…im in need of a new one also.

i used this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GPK0H4M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1