Crossfire pro will not move

firecontrol recognizes the cnc table shows connected and allows me to run a program but the table itself doesn’t actually react to any inputs, all connections are plugged in properly the table has power, the motors don’t even sound like they’re attempting to move not too sure what could be causing this any help is greatly appreciated.

take the cover off the control box and see if the power supply has power. there should be a green LED lit on the bottom corner of the power supply near where the wires are connected.

1 Like

I did that previously since on their website recommended that during set up and it does indeed have power.

the motor drivers should also have a green or blue LED lit on all 4. those are the lil black boxes inside the control box.

all lights are lit within the box

that’s strange. if you power cycle the control box, do you hear the motors “hum”?

no that’s what’s concerning me since it doesn’t even sound like the motors are attempting to work

there’s a switch on the side of the power supply that says 120v/240v. should be on 120v unless you’re not in the U.S.

i would flip it back and forth a few times, with power off obviously.

1 Like

checked and it is on 120

This is kind of funny two people with similar problems. Have you tried different usb ports and cables? When you turn power on to the control box do you hear the motors energize?

i have tried a different USB from the power box to the computer as per Langmuir instructions in the trouble shoot section when everythings on i do not hear anything even attempting to work, if its a matter of a faulty box i just want to be certain before just trying to obtain a new unit.

when you toggle the on off switch on the control box you should hear the motors energize. shouldn’t be able to hard to hear i am 55 percent deaf and i can hear them. if not you should be able to hold your hand on one of the motors and feel them energize. i would say either the motors are not hooked up correctly or the board in the box is bad i would give langmuir a email and i will tag them here. @langmuirsystems

Could you take the cover off your langmuir electronics enclosure and take a really clear picture?

Someone might be able to pick out a misplaced wire.

This is your first time operating the machine?

@jonny.dabs welcome to The Forum

1 Like

take the same pic with it turned on.

Check this connector specifically.

@nicaDd And a picture with the lights on is a great idea

The connector with the
yellow blue orange purple

Those look good… compared it to mine.

It looks like it’s just riding a little high in the port.

I’m not near the shop or I would compare.

It’s time for the OP to bust out a multimeter.

Find out where the power buck stops.

1 Like

Is there a electrical schematic available for the electronics enclosure?

@langmuirsystems

yeah, the motors not kicking in when energized tells me it’s something to do with the power supply.