Crossfire PRO Water Table question

Leaning towards the Pico Quench Guard.
Anybody else getting the ‘brownie batter’ look to the Pico Quench Guard? Is it possible it will just disperse or maybe even be something to do with the ratio?

After sitting almost 2 days without activity on the table the foam has dissipated to about 10% still floating on the surface. It’s still just foam but the pic looks like dirt :slight_smile: I’m most impressed that the cold rolled steel carcass laying on the table has no rust on it after being splashed quite a bit from the air.

1 Like

Next you’ll find tadpoles. Looks like our swimming hole when the creek’s running dry.

2 Likes

Green cut makes the sanevgoam almost.

1 Like

Probably inevitable when you consider air shooting into a treated liquid. Really not objectionable and guessing it does not affect performance. Draining the table or skimming it off is always an option.

I gave borax a try over the weekend since it is cheap and readily available. I’ve let it sit for a couple days and so far no rust. It doesn’t cause the water to foam up while cutting either.

2 Likes

It will cause white stains/spotting on the rails & such. You can stop that by a quick wipe down after use so the water splash doesn’t sit & evaporate leaving the borax behind.

You can also get powdered residue on the slats etc over time. That’s a quick shop vac problem :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have never been looking for the cheap way out but at the same time would rather not overpay for something not necessary, I just want to make an educated decision. Sounds like no matter what product is used there will pros/cons that go along with it. Borax being cheap may be worth an initial shot to get the table going but will also try either PICO or STERLING because of availability and price point.

When the housing market burst it was common to find foreclosed houses in Phoenix with swimming pools this green. Mosquito hatcheries.

is anyone using shorter slats to do submerged cutting? Seems like I see the material being cut hovering quite a ways above the water in all the videos and pictures I find with the crossfire pro.

1 Like