Crossfire modifications, looking for feedback

My Crossfire table kit is coming in today and, as I’m thinking about how this fits into my shop, I’m looking at making some (I think) minor changes to the table layout. I’d like feedback from experienced users.

For me, a preferred position of the Y Axis Motor is on the opposite end of the rail. Looking at the assemblies, it appears as if the Y Motor and Bearing mounts are symmetrical so it should be a simple matter of reversing the mounts to opposite ends and changing the motor settings to rotate in the reverse direction to its current setting - this can be done either via Mach 3 settings or simply changing the motor winding wiring. This change potentially creates a problem with the current controller mounting position as the Y Motor cable length is probably too short with this new position, but this actually works better for me as I could then move the Controller box mounting position to the leg on the opposite end of the Y carriage.

Does anyone see any problems with these changes? I suspect configuration updates will have to be managed if I take the Mach 3 configuration method, but I think I can manage that.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like you got it covered, have at it! I modded mine on day 1

1 Like

Cool! Thanks! Now if UPS would only get around to delivering this thing!!!
BTW, did you reverse the windings or change the configuration file?