Contour selection has changed?

I used to click on a selection and it would be highlighted, now it is underlined?!

Where is the setting to fix this confusing mess?

looks like you may have another plane z-x at a perpendicular axis to the x-y .

I think that line maybe something selected in the x-y from the z-x axis view you are in.

what plane is your setup in?

Typically x-y plane is used when laying out CAM for a plasma table.

The view from your screenshots is z-x.

you could export zip and post your *f3d file and I could take a look.

Setup1 is in a different plane than the circle from your design environment, is the issue I think.

fs iso view
fs iso view 2

Try to switch the view to isometric to get a better view of the situation.

Single click the home button by the navigation cube you may need to hoover over the area for a second for it to appear.

Look to see what your current setup is by right click Setup1 and selecting edit

1 Like

Hi there,

I understand what you mean, but I’m not sure how to change it. I have had to reinstall the software and do recall some initial setup procedures when I originally installed it a few years ago.

Here are a couple o screenshots for you to look at, thank you.

When you start your sketch it’s best to start it on the y x plane.

Right by the navigation cube there’s a drop-down menu to re-orientate everything.

You could also grab your model and move it into that plane. Rotate it.

In your setup area you can also pivot your box point.

There is a few ways to skin the cat here.

If you export and send me your *.f3d file I can show you exactly how to do it with your file.
Or I could make up a similar situation on my fusion and record a video of some of the ways you could deal with this issue.

The main most important point is when you start your sketch started in the y x plane.

1 Like

this is where you can change those settings when you design plane is not created in X -Y

Thank you for all the help. It looks like that is my problem, my initial preferences were set to Z up instead of Y up. I had to create a new account, for some reason I couldn’t extend my hobbyist license and could no longer save files.

1 Like