Computer turns off when I turn off controller

Then computer then reboots. I’ll assume this is bad for the pc. Anyone experiencing this or know what’s going on?

Only interface between computer and controller is the USB link, so I’m assuming some sort of USB issue?
Disconnect the the USB connection and re-test.
Was it all working before?
Did this suddenly happen?
Were any changes (hardware/software) made just prior to this happening?
Is the computer and Controller electrically isolated?

It’s always done this since I finished the install, I have yet to using the machine to actually cut. They’re only as isolated as the XR comes manufactured. It has the usb isolater installed at the mini pc and the isolation stand offs at the controller enclosure. I’m about to test with the USB cable removed

So while the controller is on and connected to the pc I pulled out the USB isolator and

got this…

Just tried it several times different ways and it seems to be intermitten…sooooo

i noticed my computer turned off also when i hit the e-stop button. did @langmuirsystems ever give a reason for this?

I experienced this same issue. It happened to me while I was on the phone with Cameron troubleshooting something else. He said “oh yeah, that’s a known issue”… so I guess it’s a known issue?

The new Version of FC 21.1.5 should address that issue and is currently available to download. Additionally, if you encounter this problem just close FC before shutting off your enclosure and that will prevent the PC from shutting down.

1 Like