Compressed air dew point

That is motorman416@aol.com or mechanic416@georgesplasmacuttershop.com

1 Like

Sweet, got some stuff coming from george.

This was a good reading thread btw. I’m plumbing my air system right now. I have a chiller and our average humidity is really low here in Eastern WA… but I think I’ll do a pre cooling radiator anyhow… even if it just saves some energy on the cooler side.

3 Likes

Unless you have a variable speed compressor and some brains in your refrigerated cooler, I’m not sure you will see any significant energy savings. I think those things are either compressor on or compressor off. The benefit in dropping the inlet air temperature will come from making it easier to reach the machine’s best case dew point. In your climate, though, have you considered whether you might be better served by a good sized desiccant? It will achieve a much lower dew point than the refrigerated dryer, not consume energy and the beads ought to last quite a while between redrying cycles.

1 Like

I think you’re correct on that. I haven’t set it up yet… I was thinking inlet temp triggered on… I’ll revisit desiccant options. When I was making plans I was thinking one or the other… but then I see setups here with both… more research on the way!

Thanks for pointing this out

2 Likes