Cohesive Part Question

Been awhile since Ive posted anything on the forums. Started a new part today using canvas in Fusion360. Got the part all drawn out and when I go to the 2D profile in manufacture, the part is only showing as a bunch of individual lines and not one solid part if that makes sense. Not sure how to make it a solid part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@blueyoda welcome back

Using the extrude command ( E key) on the sketch. Then the selecting the profiles you want to be 3D.

I think that’s what you mean?

Yeah they’re auction is if you’re in the manufacturing space and it’s showing a line as a bunch of line segments thoughts of selection error.

Quick a line segment and then double click it and it gives you the ability to add the rest of that line.

A couple icons for open and close contour and a erase come up. Double clicking usually select the chain.

If you post your F3D I’d be happy to walk through it

1 Like

well that didn’t work

In the top left click down the file tab and export should be available to you there.

Choose to export F3D.

I just did a video where I exported a F3D in it I’ll try to find it and link the minute Mark to you

20:30

1 Like

Brake Bracket.f3d (20.0 KB)

In about half an hour I can live stream it on twitch.

starting 8:28

1 Like

That F3D you linked appeared empty.

But I made up a example of tracing a brake bracket picture using canvas in fusion 360 then worked that design through Fusion s CAM environment.

51vtV-msI2L.AC_SX425
Brake Bracket Example v2.f3d (230.9 KB)

1 Like