Changing X Y Axis?

Is it possible to change the x and y axis on the XR table? It would be more beneficial to me to have the x axis 8’ and the y axis 4’. Seems like it would be a software change or fire control setting.
@langmuirsystems @langmuir-daniel

Welcome to The forum!

That’s an interesting request.

Could you change your origin in fire control to suit your needs? Also you could use origin in conjunction with rotate in Fire control.

You could choose a different box point in your work orientation system in fusion360.(setup in manufacturing space)

Sheetcam has also a way to adjust origin.

But why would it be more beneficial?

Do you have a bunch of pre-existing programming?

I’m just trying to define your problem. it’s not often that something new comes up on this forum and I’m very interested in the WHY?

1 Like

As TinWhisperer said, you can just rotate your part in the software.

2 Likes

I use to run a torchmate table and it was set up that way so that is what I am use to. But other reasons are that many parts I run are over 4’ so they all have to be rotated when brought in to sheet cam so it would save that step. And it makes more sense to me to have sheet cam template setup so it is short and wide to take full advantage of my monitor vs tall and narrow.

I was used to drawing parts up in Solid Works or Fusion 360 for the mill. Just took a little mental adjustment to re-orient drawings for the plasma table. My brain said the X should be longer then the Y too!

I have the regular crossfire, and since the y gantry pieces stick out past the table I’d like to have that be the back of the table to save space. So swapping the axis so it jogs right would be great.

The way the table has to be oriented in my shop messes with my head. I am just too used to x being left and right and Y being front to back. So I was wondering if there was any others with input on this.

Yes I came from a large router that had x the
Long way or left to right standing in front of it.
Took awhile but I know just look at it from the end and that is X left to right.

I know I have seen others talk about changing it but not sure if it can be done or not.