Can someone please help me out with the new geometry selections?

having issues creating a tool path. fusion 360 will not let me select lines to be cut. what am I doing wrong?

welcome to the forum…I can not be of help but I do know if you do some searching using the search tool on the top right you wil start finding answers…
In the meantime I do expect a few people will jump in and help you…

Are these open chain lines?

If so maybe this will help…

lines don’t show up…

need to select the eye to make lines visible…

2nd tab on 2D profile…

select line and click OK…

At this point you should be able to just select any other open chain lines just by clicking on them…

4th tab on 2D profile is very important that you use CENTER compensation…

5th tab also very important that you deselect lead in/ out and set your pierce clearence to 0

Good luck and hopefully this solves the issue.

3 Likes

Thank you. will give it a try

Trying to creat tool path for this.

I’m trying to create a tool path for this and it will not let me select multiple lines.

I’ll jump on and make a video. Do you want just foot pegs or both?

Hopefully this video helps you. Make sure you have both 16ga and 1/8" steel dialed in with 1" test square if needed. i used fine cut that might be a problem if using regular tip. You might have to drill the really small hole on footpeg. GL

3 Likes

Hey Don,

That issue with everything disappearing after you Extrude, I’ve had that happen more than once. Every time it’s happened it was when the file had previously had Manufacturing Setups/Cutting done, even if they have all been deleted.

I usually have to close the file and re-open it. I have even had to exit F360 and log back in on several occasions. Then, same as your experience here, it works fine.

1 Like