Anybody else run into this? If not, keep an eye out :)

Went to do some cutting today. Was running the gantry down to the bottom to get things set up and the it stalled like it had hit the stop. Ran it back and tried again. Stopped again :thinking:

Looked closer at what was happening and found a piece of slag welded to the Y axis rail right where one of the bearings ran. Got rid of it and things went back to normal. Yay!

Always something new to keep me on my toes
:grinning:

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™ve had that.

I have a habit of doing a quick wipe with a dry rag of my rails after a long cutā€¦and at the end of every dayā€¦then once a weel I clean them with spray nine.
works well to keep the gimes offā€¦
https://www.spraynine.com/

1 Like

Havenā€™t used spray nine to clean the rails but I have some so will give it a try. I do try and wipe the rails down with a dry rag after a finish cutting for the day. Just been using WD40 and giving things a wipe down on a regular basis when I check the lead screws.

Any idea of when I should look at doing a ā€œserviceā€ on the table? Readjusting the bearings, gantry height etc. Would like to do it on a semi-regular basis. Iā€™m at about 4 months of use. Not daily and certainly not 8 hours at a time (Gotta spend time fishing and messing around with other projects you knowā€¦ :grin:) but fairly consistent.

Guess Iā€™d just like to keep on top of things and tweak it before it becomes an issue. Any input muchly appreciated.

I do regular checks on the basics once I see dirt build up
clean and lube drive screws
clean and lube the plastic drive nuts
wipe down and oil all bearings
blow off motors and drop of oil
spray electrical contact cleaner on the THC area and then compressed air dry
clean and wipe rails
check coupler screws
check tightness of all frame boltsā€¦that little shaking the table does can loosen up things

I use a super fine sewing machine oilā€¦

2 Likes