Another torch moving before firing, ugh (SOLVED)

So I have had the Pro for about 1 1/2 years.
PrimeWeld Cut60, CNC Port Live voltage, etc…
I have cut 10 gauge down to 18 gauge with zero issues, except for bonehead ones like forgetting to attach the ground, etc…
Today I made about 25, 5 inch straight line cuts at various settings to dial in for 16 Guage, just to see how little dross I can get down too.
I then had a file, small Finch, that cut out fine 3 times (single finch in the file so reloaded the Gcode each time).
On the fourth time, the torch started moving 3/4" before firing, would move to next cut, touch down, sense and stop, dialog box said to reset or continue (I would continue from stopped point) and it would do the same for each following lines, but the torch would fire and cut the line once I hit continue, than stop again, I would continue from the stopped point, and it would eventually finish but about 3/4" before the outside starting point where it moved before firing.
Rebooted everything, pointed fan to Control box, maybe overheating…no change.
Nothing changed on my laptop or anything on the machine for months.
Running 21.1.4 FireControl.
Metal was painted but have cut many things out of this metal while it was painted as I always grind a spot for the ground cable to clamp to the piece.
THC maybe???
I know this has been an ongoing issue for many and would think the wheel for this fix has been invented already.
The fact it was cutting fine and then suddenly changed points me towards a component overheating possibly.
Took a video of the process and it clearly shows the torch moving before firing at each stage once the issue appeared.

Maybe let things sit overnight and cool off and see if it makes a difference.

Any ideas on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

21.1.4 has a history of problems. Download 21.1.5 from the downloads page.

Thanks, I am going to try that tomorrow, just uninstalled and installed the latest versions.

By the way, I tried your 3D printed torch holder about 6 months ago, nice work on that, works great!!!

I’ll have to give the water shield a try too…again nice work.

1 Like

Well, found the issue :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Pierce delay was .06, looked at it several times while trying to diagnose the issue but appearently my eyes just couldn’t see the “0” in the line .06.

So there another lesson.

7 Likes