Another new guy from WA state

Title in reference to the dude below me. lol

Anywho, already gotten some good info from here. I have an everlast 82i, and was looking at wiring to the crossfire table… Figured out the voltage stuff guys were discussing, then further figured out that without the THC control, all i need to do is wire in the “start stop” on the plasma.

i found a great deal on a lightly used crossfire local to me, went and grabbed it the other day.

Ive spent the last month playing and learning with fusion 360, how to make the g codes etc, and all around figuring out how to get started.

i think? i have a good handle on what im doing. and just need to get into it and start cutting. I have my “bottle opener” all drawn and ready, waiting on a computer to come to throw in the garage.

im a big offroader, i have a all custom jeep with some fancy crap on it. I do a ton of welding side work, and am building a rear steer buggy, so being able to cut custom brackets just seemed smart. (instead of payin 40$ and waiting 2 weeks for the mail…)

mostly will be cutting 1/8" and 1/4" steel. all pretty simple shapes. squares with some circles punched in em. lol

Figured id say hi. Im familiar with forum etiquette (ode to pirate days, iykyk) and will work to use that search button.

bellow is pic of my current rig, as well as what im starting to build

(more can be found on my IG rubberducky_tj)

e

3 Likes

hey man…I trun the 62i on my pro table…here is a link for raw voltage connection…

this was what I did for my plasma to get the RAW voltage…
for the start stop you wire into pins 1 & 2…does not matter which way you wire it.

2 Likes

i found and bookmarked your original thread! perfect! easy peasy to add the crimped wire connections in through the front. big thanks for those pictures.

and since no thc (yet? wel see if i need them, im only doing small diameter, thicker material, stuff)
ill solder the start stop plug!

(gotta see if i have a solder set lol)

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

It is obvious that you have read the other thread so no need to repeat. I live in western, western Washington state. Closer to Victoria Canada than Seattle, WA!

If you don’t mind me asking, where are you getting your metal and what are you paying for 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch?

i get my steel from a place in fife “interwest metals” i havent bought a large plate yet, so no idea what im paying. i used to work at a mill, and would get all needed material from there lol

dom ive been paying 8-9$ a foot for 1.75"x.120 wall if that helps.

1 Like