Aloha from Hawaii! XR arrived any recommendations or Advise?

I just received my XR and I’m stoked to build it. Any recommendation or advice will be greatly appreciated. What mods did you do to make it fit your shop.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! If you need a hand building it, just let me know, I’d be happy to ‘drop by’ and give you a hand… :wink:

Re advice: Go slow to go fast… Read/watch the instructions through a couple of times before assembling anything.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s too much to ask but how much did it cost you to ship that thing to Hawaii?

I appreciate that! Always welcome to visit Hawaii and enjoy the beach, beer and ladies… lol

I had to set up the delivery myself and it cost me around $1800.00 to get it here. Pretty easy and everything showed up undamaged and delivered straight to my front door. I was a bit let down when the crate arrived as it was just thick card board as i was expecting a wooden one, but for all intent and purposes, it did its job. The good thing is I hired Aloha Freight Company and they are amazing and very responsive.

I will say Langmuir was easy to deal with and answered all the questions I had prior to having my shipment picked up from them.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum and ALOHA!

Lots of great and knowledgeable people one here who go above and beyond to help!
Which Island are you on? I have had the good fortune of doing allot of work on the Islands. I have been to 6 of the 8 islands for work. Only been to 3 of them for pure vacation, but usually try to spend a couple extra days each work trip. Ill come help you get it going if you want to get me a ticket. :wink:

I hate to say this but if it comes down to buying someone a ticket to help you put it together I am probably the least qualified! LOL

As far as advise I would say read over the manual a couple times before you start. And read over each step and understand it before you start each step. My biggest problems came trying to work to fast thinking I already knew what the next step would be.

Have fun! I thought putting the machine together was half the fun!

1 Like

LOL… Thanks for the offer and the advise. I live on Oahu but I’m originally from Texas moved out here 6 years ago and never looked back. I’ll be starting this weekend putting my XR together.