A Few Words on Water Table Fluid (Sodium Nitrite)

Right, which is about $6.32 for my recipe based on a 40% PG mixture of 3 liters and the rest water. I misstated the $80 sentence because I deleted some text and wrote over it. $80 is for a 40% PG clone of 10 gallons of GreenCut, which would be $400 of GreenCut at $200 per 5 gallon container. There are 37.85 Liters in 10 gallons, so 3L would cost $6.34 or $2.11 per liter. Also, if you bought your GreenCut in a 5 gallon bucket, you’d only spend $31.70 on those 3 liters. I understand that it’s not worth your time and effort to save money, and you apparently have nearby stores that stock GreenCut, which I don’t think many of the rest of us do, so you do you and I’ll do me.

@twistedgst Borax doesn’t really smell, and mixed with that much water, it’s not likely to bother you unless you have a weird sensitivity to it like I do. The smell doesn’t bother me or even really register, I just get non-itchy hives that last until I take a benedryl, it doesn’t have any other effects that I’ve noticed. The kids use it to make slime, and I only know they’re doing it if I have a reaction. Once the slime has been mixed up, I can play with it and have no reaction. Hell, I think they can even eat some recipes (not purposely, just as a non-toxic reassurance to parents), unless they use glitter glue and freak out when they see glittery poop.

1 Like

Some cheap quarantine entertainment to be had here somehow…

“Honey, heres a new covid symptom to watch for”!

2 Likes

How about this stuff:

Here is the white sheet:
http://southwinltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Prime-Guard-100-RV-Marine-PG-Formula-99306-131414-99355-99325.pdf

Perhaps this:

I recommend that you read the threads on the Water Table fluid before recommending alternatives. Virtually everything known to man has been discussed. With a resulting set of workable solutions.

2 Likes

@Hotrod1
Welcome to the forum… @TomWS is correct in this…there is a lot of information on water additives in the forum…
that being said…putting additives in the water not designed for it can cause other problems…
plasma cutting fluid id designed for the conditions plasma flames create…

your first suggestion has this as one of many warnings in it

there are many home made ideas for additives…and sure they may work…but why do it…to possibly save a few bucks…over your health…

3 Likes