90% of fusionproblems solved

Hated doing fusion on the laptop I bought with the crossfire. Bought a new one, gaming laptop with i7 processor, 16 MB’s RAMand graphics card. Loads in under a minute and doesn’t stop and clock. Still use my old one on the machine as it get dirty with the water table.

3 Likes

Either a typo or a flashback to the ‘old days’ :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry typo 16 gbs. Hate auto correct

The new laptop I purchased for my crossfire table does much better with Fusion than my Dell home desktop computer does

Going today and find me a new computer the i3 7th gen lap top runs Mach 3 fine but fusion 360 is slow takes forever to do design work.I’ve updated the computer and even reloaded fusion. When I cut lines or add it goes thru a long cycle. Drives me crazy.

I highly recommend a cheap laptop wtih a SSD to run mach3 at the machine, and a seperate gaming computer for design work and programing. I also use cloud storage/backup to keep my tap files synced between my computers, so I do not have to transfer anything using a USB drive.

3 Likes

I have teenagers with gaming computers and I steal them for F360 :joy: But you’re very right, the minimum computer requirements for F360 are no where near adequate for detailed sketches and no where close for complex 3D designs.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TR7WRK9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_dQ1jEbRGA6VRC. Amazon has this for 160 off for the next 11 hrs.I use a comparable laptop to this one and it does a good job.

Mike, curious as to why SSD hard drive? Is it really make a difference with mach3? What exactly is a issue with a regular hard drive vs. SSD? Just trying to eliminate any problems I might have now or in the future

I’m not sure about his reasoning but I believe that the ssd has a much faster data speed which I would think is better for the graphics programs but didn’t think that mach3 needed that much?

Faster boot times mainly, and no moving parts in a SSD. And you don’t need much HD space.

1 Like

As far as a SSD for mach? I dono, But I wouldnt buy a PC without one after having one. As Mike_c said fast boot time. I can hit the power button and be going in a matter of a few seconds. A guy said look at it like a filing cabinet. Your regular ole HD is just everything tossed in it. You need something you look for it knowing its in there… SSD its there in order always . How true that is I dont know but I know there so much faster its unreal.

2 Likes