Y axis, not full travel?

i went to the link you provided copied and paste the response you left me and gave my name and order number is there anything else you will require of me to get this process started

since i remember it being called that and when it came in a metal can does that make me an old timer :rofl::smiley::smile::wink::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yep that shows it you are old

1 Like

Thank You both Langmuir-Daniel and Langmuir-Mike for keeping your customer service levels at such a high standard. I received my email confirmation for the replacement part, within just a few minutes of my request, and a/an e-mail with the tracking number for the part within another few minutes of that. You guys and your company probably don’t receive enough of the accolades that you deserve, but know that I greatly appreciate the hard work and dedication of you and your teams to keep everyone moving in the rite direction with there equipment. THANK YOU GUY’S

3 Likes

Art,
Give me a call again, I deleted your phone number by mistake.
Sorry
Brian

1 Like

I SECOND THAT!! THERE AWESOME!!!:sunglasses::sunglasses::+1::+1:

1 Like

My apologies for my not so quick follow-up to the original post. Again I can’t thank everyone at Langmuir Systems enough for making sure that everyone within our community gets taken care of in a timely response, while my update might not be in a timely response, my parts definitely were, they were delivered in accordance with the tracking order. Things were busy around the habit so we were not able to get everything installed right away but once we did everything proved correct towards what was troubleshot as an issue. With my y-axis travel not working as it should once I installed the replacement lead screw everything has operated just fine and I will keep everyone informed and try to update this should anything change at anytime.

Hey y’all,

I’m having an issue that sounds related to yours. The lead screws on my y-axis coupler are coming loose after jogging it about half way. I tried putting grease on the lead screws testing it- same problem. I went to the hardware store and got the exact same match lead screws, greased it up, tried it- same issue. They just keep coming loose for some reason. You think it’s still an issue of defective lead screw and I should ask Langmuir to send me new ones, or do you think it’s a whole different problem?

Thanks

I think you maybe mixing up somewhat back and forth “lead” screw and “Set” screw.

The set screws lock the lead screw into the coupler and the bearing retainer.

If it is the set screws, greasing them is making it worse. Loctite threadlocker (blue) is called for.

1 Like

Where is the lead screw located? Im having similar issue where y-axis gets stuck almost mid point of table.

The thing he keeps calling a lead screw is actually the anti backlash nut. It’s the plastic spring loaded nut that the lead screw goes through. It’s bolted onto the Y axis carriage.

1 Like

If you are having issues with your Y axis its likely you are having an issue with your couplers slipping and/or your table is out of square. Try tightening the couplers and make marks on the coupler and shaft to make sure they aren’t slipping.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. I checked both couplers and “lead screw” …nothing observed. I disconnected y motor, couplers and gently moved gantry across y- axis . It gets stuck half way , with some force I can move past stick point but y motor won’t. Any suggestions?

I guess i would first check to make sure the table was square and the y axis rails are aligned properly. If so I would next re-adjust the bearing blocks on the y axis carriages?

1 Like

Is the gantry getting stuck when pushing it by hand, without the lead screws installed? If so, check the square tubes for defects in the area where it gets stuck. If there are no defects, like burrs on the surface, you probably need to back off on the bearings a bit.

If it gets stuck when driving with the motor, there is a chance that you mixed up the X and Y axis leadscrew bearing mounts. They are slightly different lengths and will mess up the alignment of the leadscrew if you use them on the wrong axis.
CDBB394C-A182-4000-9659-69312B87147D

1 Like

That end of the lead screw goes into the bearing on the other end and a screw goes into the end of it. The end that goes into the coupler has a longer turned down section.

1 Like

That lead screw is broken. The end is supposed to be turned down to fit the coupling.

Oh I jumped to soon maybe not.

I was thinking they was turned down for the bearings as well.

Sorry guys those were the wrong pictures posted , as the newer lead screw was installed but still is too long and doesn’t fit

How much to long?