What is the best sub 1000$ plasma cutter for cnc

What is best plasma cutter under 1000 or 800 dollars?

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well. There just isn’t any 100% good reviews about anything except a hypertherm. I’m looking at the Longevity 40D and an Everlast 50S. I’m afraid the Longevity is just a harbor freight class unit. But I like the idea of going down the road to get consumables.

A few have the everlast 50s 60s they seem to really like them for the price. I think the 50s is $799.? Im going to get one of the 2 sometime soon. Ran into one them spend my fun money on other things or i would have it now. Im currently using the viper 30i with no issues, but many have had problems with the 30 and the 45.

my table gets here next week- so i have to decide… I had looked a the longevity - seemed ok to me . I also looked at the 50s , but i think i am going to settle out on the primeweld 60. I am hoping it will be a decent unit

1 Like

Make sure its compatable with the table if you havnt.

FYI
No issues with my current set up. I have the RW45 and added a machine torch, Starting over I would do the Everlast 60S with a machine torch. the 60S with Machine torch is like 1399

2 Likes

I’m pretty happy with the 50S as of now. I was very surprised how well it cuts when put against my ESAB PCM 875 off the table. I would buy again for the cost 100%. I plan on using the 50S until I generate enough cash to buy a 45XP.

Everlast 50s here and have never had a issue. Been running it pretty hard for about about 6 months

yeah , i was really close to going with the everlast… I am going to give the primeweld a go – I’ll let you know how it works. sounds like they stand behind their stuff and george can offer support and repair.

I just went to the everlast 60s from the razorweld 30i. I didn’t change any of my tool settings for the new 60s the 60s works flawless. I am cutting 10gauge mild steel at double the cut speed, I was set at 40amps and little dross left on the material.

I just ordered a Everlast 50s. Cant wait to try it out.

1 Like

Well I got an email saying the everlast 50s are out of stock monday night… They could have said they were out of stock on their website.

Thanks for letting us know. I know what I wont be ordering real soon.

I just ordered a 60S and got it shipped for a $1000 flat. If anyone is interested in getting this deal let me know and I’ll give you the guys contact information. And they are in stock.

got my primeweld 60 last week - all seems fine - wont work on 120v - It blows a dedicated 20amp circuit just 15 feet from main panel. wired in two pole… no problems now. So far so good except having issues with my compressor keeping up. I have to address a few air leaks, but I dont think its putting out its rating anyway. I am going to have to reoutfit my compressor - probably go with a new low decibel deal.

You should have a compressor that will put out it least 5 SCFM at 90 psi. I recommend 120 psi (no more) to the back of the plasma cutter using a 3/8" air line. This will insure the needed air flow to run your plasma cutter properly. Cutting air pressure should be from 55 psi on the low side (20 amps) to 80 psi MAX on the high side (60 amps).
This will work with most plasma cutters.
If you need any help with your Primeweld plasma cutter or need consumables call me.

1 Like

George , I get a drop in pressure when the cutter engages. So, if its regulator is set at lets say 55 and the cutter engages, the psi drops immediately 15psi and when it disengages, it comes right back up to 55 - i am wondering if this is why i am having some issues as well. This is all happening while the tank is fully charged and psi is 120 at the tank but i never have the out more than 90. I am wondering if some of this has to do with pressure drop along hose length due to friction or perhaps a limitation of my filter and dryer? Any ideas what is going on?

I am going to try to bring up the pressure out from the 65psi its currently set at to 90. and see if it needs a greater differential between leaving the compressor and setting on cutter…regulator to overcome all the intermediate travel.

You always set your pressure at the plasma cutter with the air flowing from the torch. With a 15 psi drop at the plasma cutter you have a problem some were. You should have 5 maybe 10 psi drop at the most.

2 Likes

upped the pressure - didn’t change anything - still have the drop. Its not registering a drop at the compressor when the torch isn’t fired. Its dropping during firing and recovers immediately. Plenty of air at the tank. I am going to go without the dryer and filter and see what happens.