Well I think I am finally done with razorweld 45

I run the 50s. I like it a lot. I’ve had it for a few years now

1 Like

Ya, as soon as I get the cash up, I’m going to pull the trigger on the 50s, in the meantime, I have a harbor freight one that’s handling business

1 Like

Hey, are u still using the Ebay drag tips? I did some forum searching and found my razorweld45 cuts substantially better with the ipt40 type tips. They have them in stock at harborfright. Also ensure you have your swirl ring installed. Accidentally dropped mine on the ground and burnt up 2 tips super quick haha. Figured out I was missing the ring, switched consumable types from the Ebay drag tips to the ipt40 style consumables… and finally cutting 1/4 plate at 40ipm 40amps and super happy with the end result. Figured I’d post up.

4 Likes

I was using the eBay drag tips, but the torch quit firing even with the tips that came with the machine. RW customer service has been great though I will say, they are sending me a new torch, hopefully that fixes the issue.

Ya mine stopped firing also. I had to loosen the cup a few turns and then it started firing again. Now it’s working like a champ!

1 Like

I highly highly recommend not using those Ebay tips haha

@oneupperformance - Harbor Freight carries electrodes and nozzles that fit the Everlast torch (IPT-60). They’re a little bit more than the ones you find online (eBay, Amazon, etc.), but you don’t have to wait for them to come on a slow boat from China and they seem to be a bit better quality.

Forgot when I originally posted: The only issue I had with the Everlast was the rubber O-ring in the torch head broke. I couldn’t figure out why the torch wouldn’t work until I noticed that. Got online, found them and ordered a replacement plus a couple extras. Haven’t had any other issues besides that.

I think if I decide to upgrade, I’m probably going to go with the HTP that’s comparable to the Hypertherm 45XP, but it runs about $400 less. I’ve seen really good reviews on it.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know about the tips, I didn’t know HF carried them for the ipt torch.

1 Like

I asked for a refund and Langmuir simply said they don’t take returns on their junk when it’s opened. It’s clearly a poor mistake that they offered it as a “package” so many customers and losing money, time, material, it’s a financial liability if you continue to use the RazorWeld machine. Langmuir just isn’t willing to do the right thing and accept responsibility for these poorly crafted machines that have a lack of cut info. Really bad customer service.

I have literally used mine for 4 cuts and gave up on using it. I’m trying to sale mine with of course the disclaimer that it’s a “Lemon”

But hey Langmuir made their money on it so they have wiped their hands now.

It’s not so “clear” to everyone. Many of us are successfully using the Razorweld cutters. Some aren’t. Some of those problems have been linked to improper settings for the consumables being used, wet air, etc and some to Razorweld issues (that extra capacitor problem for instance) but it seems Razorweld dealt with those. Some folks couldn’t find a solution to the problems they had and switched.

Some other cutters have caused issues as well. It’s the nature of this technology.

But you can use your top-end Hypertherm and have problems due to improper settings, wet air, etc. Yes Hypertherm has a settings chart, and yes it would be nice if Langmuir provided one for the Razorweld units but CNC is a technology that requires a bit of experimenting to zero in on settings for different materials and different designs.

Unfortunately people are coming to this having no experience with either plasma cutting or CNC machines in general and expecting it all works as easy as a DVD player. It’s not gonna. You have to invest time & materials in experimenting and designing.

Many have spent 10 times what this cost with other machines and had the same problems with the same results. Spend some time on Google and YouTube and you’ll see.

But if you feel that Langmuir has done you wrong, you might be better off selling it all and getting some other machine. I find if I don’t like a company or think they’ve done wrong, I don’t feel any better if I keep dealing with them. Although most people here probably disagree with you about Langmuir and have found their support better than expected, if your perception is they’ve failed you, it might be better to move on - there are plenty of other places to get the whole package from a single vendor.

4 Likes

I’ve just received all that I ordered…from the table, the water table, the Razor 45, and the Mach. in the timely manner I was told. I have yet to open & put together everything do to time. Now that I am reading about the Razor Plasma 45, I may not open it, and just sell it… I already bought extra consumables before I even got my table delivered… being prepared. I already have an older Miller Extreme 375 I 've been using for years, and may just hook that up to the table. I ordered the Razor45, just to keep that plasma machine with the table, and still have my Miller available for hand cutting… But now, after reading the threads about the 45… I may just hook up the Miller & keep the Razor in box unopened to sell.

1 Like

I just got mine up and running yesterday, minus the water table which comes tomorrow. So far I am impressed by the Razor 45 and the only problem was after a few cuts I was getting angle cuts but replaced the consumables and its working fine. Even if I was having issues with the Plasma, I would NOT be blaming Langmuir, that’s the manufacturer of the Plasma’s responsibility. As far as Cutting charts, again that should be supplied by the Plasma manufacturer, Langmuir is way to busy producing and shipping tables. I emailed Razorweld about a cutting chart saying that every other manufacturer has them in their manuals and they said they were working on it. If we want a cutting chart from Razorweld then I suggest everybody that has one Email them and ask for it, then we may get one. sales@razorweld.com Personally my first cut was a line test panel and within minutes I knew the best speed for that metal thickness.

3 Likes

No one needs an ambassador for Langmuir. People post their experience for two reasons, to warn other buyers and to get help. Frankly the Package is marketed toward those whom are new to cnc and plasma cutting as an entry level product. Those type of advertised products should and normally do have the “kinks” worked out before production. It’s no doubt the forum community is doing more for troubleshooting than Langmuir is. That’s not to say that wasn’t intentional but Langmuir. I expect for an entry level product that it should have very little troubleshooting for the customer. That is just not the case. And with no return policy for your customer that is dissatisfied, that’s just poor customer service.
You may be happy with your purchase and that’s great but don’t tell others to move on because you are doing great with yours. I am entitled to my opinion and if you can’t accept that I suggest you move on from commenting, unless you have some helpful information to help the situation.
Spending 10 times the cost of a machine to “figure it out” is just ridiculous. Not acceptable. I would rather move on from the razorweld product and keep the table, but I don’t have the financial luxury to just by a high end miller or hyperterm. As I suspect a lot of customers that purchased the razorweld with their package.
If Langmuir offer to accept my razorweld back I’d happily keep the table and buy a quality plasma cutter. But 7-800$ of debt from a misinformed purchase is never going to make your customers happy. Or how about providing a cut chart. Ultimately it was a poor discussion to offer an unsupported plasma cutter as a package. Razorwelds customer service isn’t great either, don’t expect any solutions from them any time soon.

I don’t think blaming Langmuir is the thing to do here, if they manufactured the plasma cutter then yes, I would say to do so. Have you tried contacting razorweld to see if they would give you a refund some how? Or at least get your machine running correctly so that you could sell it? And all because the table is a entry level machine doesn’t mean there should be very little trial and error for the user. A Eastwood tig 200 is a entry level tig welder, doesn’t mean if you can’t tig weld worth a damn that it’s Eastwood’s fault. I believe Langmuir has gone above and beyond in assisting customers with troubleshooting, More then any other company I would say. They sold hundreds of these table, so getting to every individuals needs is damn near impossible, that’s what this forum is for, for others to help each other. Don’t slam their customer service for an issue that you are having that others are having/had as well.

2 Likes

@Motoxrrar I definitely understand your frustration, spending $800 dollars on something that doesn’t meet your expectations and not being able to get a refund sucks. However, I belive your problem shouldn’t be with Langmuir. They just sold you a product that is not manufactured by them, all problems related from that product should be handled by Razorweld. For example, you buy an expensive HD TV from Bestbuy and a month later it breaks down? Do you take it back to Bestbuy and get a full refund? No sir(Unless you bought additional warranty). They would tell you to contact the manufacturer for further assistance with manufacturers warranty. Does that suck, yeah, but that’s just how the cookie crumbles. We as the consumer have the responsibility to do some research before we buy, and sometimes to get the better “deal” we take a risk. Sometimes the risk pays off and sometimes it bites us in the butt.

I bought the Razor weld 45 solely based of the fact it was put in the “package” and I assumed it was a good machine as I’m new to plasmas.
I just opened it yesterday to hook up with the table and hoping I don’t run into issues like others have mentioned. Kinda bummed out to hear all the negative tho, I’m not blaming LangMuir at all but wish they would have maybe don’t a little more research before using them as a package deal? Really hoping I didn’t make a very expensive mistake going with this one VS buying a cheaper unit from HF

1 Like

Considering you were one of the folks who couldn’t get their RW working well, that’s a really nice comment. Especially considering you’ve had some plasma experience.

1 Like

Just remember that the internet is usually used to complain about something or ask for help on something so you see more of the negative side of things. When I purchased my table I had never heard of Razorweld and a quick Google search showed that most were happy with them in posts dating back to 2016, yes there are some issues in the search but not that many compared to the thousands of units they have probably sold.

2 Likes

Honestly Ive had a harbor freight plasma cutter for over 10 years and its still going strong. Never had any issues with it. On the other hand I have never used it for cnc and that’s why I purchased the razorweld product with the Langmuir system is because I figured it would have the necessary documentation to operate the Crossfire with ease. I was sorely mistaken. I would suggest to purchase something that has documentation. DONT OPEN THE BOX and return or refuse that thing right away. Its just another handheld plasma cutter not meant for CNC. When you get it you have to splice into the wires of the trigger to make the crossfire work with it. Which seems so shady to be sold like that…

Whatcha asking for the razorweld?