Well I think I am finally done with razorweld 45

I’m having issues with my RW45 also. Got maybe 45 minutes of total cut time with it and it stopped firing. Pull the trigger and only air comes out. I contacted Razorweld and sent them a video of what it is doing. I had had to send my unit back to them. We’ll see how it goes. I just sent it back on Wednesday. They said I should have it back in about 10-14 days. This sucks because I have projects waiting on this. I am looking at buying a back up. So I don’t end up in this situation again. :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same issue with thermal dynamics 38

Freezing Mach as soon as the torch engages?

1 Like

I’ve had an Everlast 50s for about a year and it has never failed to arc. Comes with the CNC connection plug, too. You don’t have to tap into the machine. Real easy to wire

1 Like

oneup- stupid question but do you have the full version of mach?

I got a zero percent interest cc for 18 months, tossed a Hyp xp30 on there because I dreaded dealing with a plasma issue. Only regret I have is not going with the xp45. do yourself a favor and get the bigger plasma bc the 30amp is slow on thick stuff. I had a program run for 20 min on 3/16 steel. Plasma held up great tho.

the everlast sounds good. I know alot of us are on a budget, but just think… this table gave you an awesome opportunity and saved you alot of money, so if you put that into the plasma it is still cheaper than anything out on the market today. Its an investment that can be paid off easily. Even for hobby, heck a good tig welder cost more than my plasma and table. I got my table and plasma on credit which I hated to do but it will get itself paid off for what I do with it. All that headache with emails and troubleshooting and crappy parts or no parts at all isn’t worth the 800 bucks you think you are saving from the jump.

2 Likes

Ya man I do have the full version of Mach 3. I do not disagree that a hypertherm is top of the line but for what I use my machine for, I am thinking the everlast will be sufficient enough. Plus it’s hard to beat a 5 year warranty

cool, haven’t looked too much into that machine but haven’t heard a bad thing yet. Keep us posted on it when you get it.

1 Like

So far I have not had issues with my RW45… At least yet. I’m hoping that info not end up with issues like you guys have had. I’m planning on upgrading to a hyperthermia at some point, just hope that this RW45 holds up until then.

1 Like

I’m looking at one of those, my razorweld crapped out on me, so I sent it for repair to a guy in Delaware, needs a new board. Part is $400 and after labor and return shipping I’d be up to a the cost of a new machine.

And been looking at the power plasma 50s. Everlast’s website has them for around 730 after shipping I think

1 Like

Ya I saw yesterday that they were on sale. I paid $750 shipped off eBay as they were having a special on Black Friday. I got my machine in yesterday and am very impressed so far. I will be writing a comparison for both machines shortly to give others an idea of both machines since they are around the same price.

1 Like

Went ahead and bought a HF plasma while I waited on the razor weld, found it on eBay for 340, I do like that the tips for the 50s are compatible with what I have for the razor weld and the harbor freight plasma

So I pulled the trigger on a Hypertherm Powermax 45XP. Night and Day difference. Just from the quality of the machine when you open it up to wire the torch. Followed another members write up on tapping the torch for firing control, was up and running in 30 mins. No need to worry about air pressure setting, as it is controlled by the machine, just feed it air and let it run. First cut was on 3/16" plate 3in square with a 1.75" hole. WOW what a difference. Using the drag tip, since my consumables didn’t show up yet, the cutting height was likely a little high, but the edge quality and speed it cuts at is simply amazing. Next to NO DROSS with the Hypertherm cut chart settings, clean pierce quality, barely any angularity on the edges. Worth EVERY PENNY. When it comes to plasma cutters, it truly is you get what you pay for! Looking forward to not pulling my hair out trying to improve cut quality and not wasting material!!

6 Likes

Tried out the Everlast today and wow!!! Night and day over the RW. Cut this shark out, out of 14g with 0 issues at all. Only downfall is now I have to figure out my amperage and speed settings with this machine as I used the settings from the RW and it required more amperage then the Everlast does. I will be putting a comparison together very soon

I wonder why the Razorweld 45 amp machine is not being offered by Langmuir on the website anymore? Is it because of issues?

2 Likes

I haven’t used mine yet but seeing all of these bad things im trying to figure a way I can send mine back to the company I got it from and get my money back minus shipping… also didn’t realize how expensive these consumables are vs others. I got it a little over a month ago so I hope I can try to avoid a restocking fee…

2 Likes

That is a possibility

Which everlast unit is this?

1 Like

I got the everlast 50s

Hell yea! happy to see the Everlast is delivering you good results! Way better than pulling your hair out chasing issues with the razorweld.

2 Likes

I agree 100%. With the RW I had zero confidence that the machine wouldn’t mess up during a cut, but not with the everlast.

1 Like