Water table fluid

so ph 9 is the magic number? I have test strips from my pool

I use pool test strips as well. Above 8.5 is best as I’ve read on the plasma spider forum awhile back. Been working fine for me so far.

Ok, sry just to confirm. Regular water base with borax mixture to reach pH level of 9. Drain when not in use then repour when ready to cut again? Was thinking of getting the 5 gal water bottles to collect when ready to drain.
Thanks for all your input. I’m almost there

Not a problem and yeah, 5 gal bucket is fine. The washing soda is so inexpensive I just dump it unless I know I’m going to use it in the near future.
You know… if your pan is new and fresh, I’ve seen quite few on here either powder coat or bed liner the pan with success. Food for thought.

2 Likes

Borax rusted so bad for me and that’s using a whole box and after one cut.

Are you saying you mixed a whole box of Borax into 7 gallons of water?

I used about a quarter box. Didn’t see the ph part. I use well water. That’s probably my problem. I used quarter box seen rust the next day added another quarterbox. I’ve got some pool strips and balancer. Gonna empty my table and try again. Sorry for the dumb comment lol

Lol, not dumb Lee. I have a medium sized box of Arm N Hammer and have filled the table about 8-10 times, still on the same box. It doesn’t take much to bring the Ph up.

1 Like

Most of the windshield washer fluid out there has methanol in it. Could get interesting!

1 Like

I have a well too. It’s pretty hard water to boot. I use a couple of cups of A&H Borax in 7 or 8 gallons of water. After a cutting session it’s a mess in the tray but I drain it into 2 HD 5gal buckets and after a couple of days the water is clear in the bucket and the yuck is settled to the bottom. It’s heavy enough and seems to stick together so I can dump the water in the tray and not get all the sediment going in with it.

Were the slats all rusted on your table or was it cutting dust/sediment that washed away?

Slats were rusted and its throwing rusty nasty water. When I come back to it after a day it all settles.

So I feel like a dope for not reading the fine print on the website of Lube corp. I just received my order of Green Cut the UPS guy said I needed to cut UPS a check for 53.75 that they payed for at the border. That puts it at 119.60 for 3 liters.
DOH! Nope gets worse it was 151.85 they tacked on 32.00 s&h

1 Like

Ouch! That really sucks. The good news is it works really well. Maybe not $150 well but at least $60 well.

1 Like

I called the company and they are really nice he offered to refund me the border cost. But i told him it’s not his fault and we had a very good conversation about he’s trying to get a distribution center in the states. Lube corp will post on thier web when they have it set up.

3 Likes

Arm N Hammer washing soda is ok for the new stainless water table?

1 Like

Well, I like the concept of the Greencut fluid being biodegradable, safe and non-toxic, and a rust inhibitor to boot.
What I don’t like is the fact that I must purchase 5 gallons of the product at $200 for my very small water table that will see light duty use on a home hobby level. At 20:1 water to fluid and changing out yearly, this means for my 5 gallon table, I will need just a quart every year; Thus, I will have enough Greencut fluid for the next 20 years. Does this chemical have a shelf life?
Too bad the “Stubborn Dutchman” cannot see he is missing out on a potentially untapped market of small table owners who would be fine with a gallon to store for the next four years. I guess selling zero five gallon buckets is more profitable than selling thousands of one gallon jugs.

2 Likes

That’s odd I bought some and was only required to buy 3 liters.

1 Like

Ok. There is a lot of information in here. So I see mention of some chemicals are not save with the Al water tables and at some point Langmuir made the switch over to Stainless. I have a stainless table.

So what chemicals are safe on the stainless tables? Sodium Nitrite and Borax are fine?

That’s correct, both are fine.

1 Like

@BrettMavriK Where did you buy your green cut?

1 Like