Water table fluid for best experience

Just got my water table! What fluid should I be running and how to provent it from freezing? It’s cold I’m Colorado at 8300’

Also plan on making a drain tank

Im just using water. filling and draining each time till spring. Saposed to be like -1 this weekend . Then maybe some additive then. Thught about a heater but decided water isnt that expensive for acasional use till warm weather.

Check out the post here.

1 Like

just use water and super washing soda. keep ph high between 7-9 more towards 9. and nothing will corrode.
alkalinity increaser too. alkali elevated and high side ph no rust

boiler industry has used it for ever, proven time over and cheap.
freezing?
sorry I am in the south eastern US
no freezing here…
just stay away from anti freeze. fume are toxic deadly if you breath them during cutting. it attcks your nervous system. dizzy. eye irritation, headache etc…
anti freeze with propylene glycol much safer a may be safe option… stay away from ethelyene glycol base.

or just use the ever popular green fluid,not sure if it protects from freezing though, never looked into.

1 Like

I honestly cannot figure out why anyone would save the water (or whatever fluid you are using) after cutting even a little bit since it gets nasty fast… I’m just using regular water with some borax to raise the pH. I fill it up with a 5 gallon bucket when I want to use it and drain it when I’m done.

3 Likes

Yea I agree.
After 3 cuts on decent size projects it’s nasty
Picking our fallen pieces with a magnet it get completely encased with Metal shavings…
Just empty and refill with the super washing soda every few cuts

I agree

Hey inthemountainsmatt ! I am at 8200ft in Colorado also, where abouts do you live? Maybe we can help each other out from time to time if we get “stuck” on anything to do with our machines etc. Know what you mean about the cold. I have an unheated garage, and we live near a stream in the shadows on the north side of a hill. Always way below freezing in my garage. Just wanted to say hello, small world.
Lee

I live near Blackhawk where u at ?

Hah sounds similar north side of mountain too my shop just has a torpedo heater :confused:

well, sorta close-ish. I live in Conifer.

Hah nice man we pretty close I’m up golden gate canyon right near the visitor center for the state park!