Torch fires then dosent

Got my table set up and was following along with the tutorial videos to cut the first part out. The torch will fire and cut but after it moves to the next cut it will not fire again. It’s random when it does it

Which plasma cutter are you using? If it has a 2T/4T tigger option, make sure that 2T is selected.

I have the razorweld viper cut 30. And it’s set on 2t. It’s sporadic when it does it. Almost acts like the machine overheats and just dosent arc.

So sometimes it will fire and sometimes it doesn’t? Is it completly random?

What size/model air compressor are you running? If the air supply drops below a certain threshold, the torch won’t fire.

A 80 gallon husky. Never drops below 90psi. While watching it run in Mach 3 it shows the torch turning on and off it just dosent light every time. If I slow down the feed rate it will light

1 Like

I looked up your order and checked weather for your zip code. Looks like you live in a pretty humid area (today’s forecast is 99%!). Have you noticed issues with moisture your air line?

Can you remove your consumables and post some pictures? Check out this thread here, sounds to be the same issue: Torch only firing once per job

Are you wired for 240v? What standoff height are you using?

1 Like

I dont have any moisture in the lines. Running 240v. I just ordered some more consumables today. Let a buddy use the plasma cutter the other day and he burned up the tip. Mine is doing the same thing as Brent in the post that you shared with me. It will do the initial cut the continue to the next and just blow air. I tryed to upload a picture but it will not let me. Says the file is to large

I talked with Brent t and got razorwelds contact info. I called them and talked to a woman who told me someone would call me back. They just called me back and it was the same woman and she told me they were going to get ahold of you all at Langmuir. I asked for her opinion on what she thought it was and she told me she was just a book keeper and didn’t know any technical stuff.

@jshoptaugh We’ve just pinged Razorweld again about this issue. We will keep everyone posted as soon as we get a response.

Thanks again,
Mike

Thanks mike let me know

Thanks for checking. I’m still waiting on a response as well.

is your electrode loose?

Just talked with them at razorweld and the guy said it’s a problem with the machine. Something in the programming on them. They are swapping me out machines

3 Likes

So I’m having the exact same issues with mine! Anyone else have these issues fixed without replacing the machine?

Could be bad connection at the T taps. I have often said those type of connectors should be illegal especially for a trailer connector .

The scotch locks weren’t the issue on mine. I called razorweld directly. At Jasic technologies america inc. took about a week and a half to get my machine back there were shipping delays. They repaired my machine. Not really sure what they did to it but it performs great now.

Yeah mine are secured and good continuity with them. Mach3 and the cutter both are recognizing the system saying to cut it just doesn’t unless it’s the first cut or I pause it. Got a email from langmuir saying this has been an issue that affects some of the viper 30s and to contact razorweld on how to fix it, so just waiting for a response from them.

So quick update is I contacted JASIC about the cutter and the earlier models had a cool down capacitor added for the torch, simply removing it should fix my issue and no need to send back to the manufacturer!

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s what they took out of mine. It works fine now. I think I was one of the first people to send one back