TD Cutmaster 82 panel?

I have a question about the Cutmaster 82’s AMP settings. When looking at the TD cut speeds in their manual do you set the AMP’s on the panel to match the torch tip? Or can they be adjusted down from 80 to say 40? If you go down to 40 do you go off the 40 AMP chart or do you still stay on the 80? Sorry if that is confusing :slight_smile:

Thanks

You use the consumables that match the amps your running. Set the speeds to the amps your running. Consumables have a rating and can be run at less amps up to a point. 80 amp consumables will still give good cut results at 70 amp but not that good at 60 amps. Then 60 amp consumables will give good results at 70 amps, but only for a short time as you over power the consumables rating and they will burn out quickly. I would say the best rule would be , you can go down 10 amps from the consumable rating but not over its rating.
You use the cut chart speed for the amps your plasma cutter is set at and the air pressure that is recommended for that amperage for the thickness and kind of metal being cut.

1 Like

How did you connect the input cables? I am having trouble getting this to work. Photos will be helpful.